What car next?!?

Currently reading:
What car next?!?

Well had the little A Class since may and im enjoying it, handles well, goes pretty well (faster than my last cars :p) and is lovely inside and has all the little extras (well basicly everything lol).

But i think i want a change, want somethign with my own insurance to get ncb (dont ask abotu current set up......... lol), i just want cheaper insurance than what i could get on the current car. I want it to be similar 0-60 if not faster and to be nice to look at and drive.....

I just want to cut cost and have more money to spend on other things and also get a car than suits me a bit better

Say i set my self a car allowance of 250 a month but id love to also use some of that for the insurance if i can.....

Ive come up with these cars so far....

GP 1.9 Mjet
Panda 100 (gf hates it lol)
C2 GT (maybe vts at a big push, but not the vtr (terrible to drive))
Fiesta Zetec-S
Astra Coupe 1.8 (same shape as jugs... but seems a big car?)
MG ZR (insurance was a bit more than i wanted)

Also looked at such things as Audi A3 and Alfa 147 but the insurance is more than i wanted tbh.

Anyone got any recommendations? any comments on the above cars? etc

J

stay away from the citroen, we have a saxo which is a bit pants and cheap, and ive heard the C2 is not much better than the saxo

MG- old design, out dated when new, and if its a 190 it'll shake you fillings out- something that will **** you off when the novelty wears off

panda 100hp or GP would be good, also the fiesta would be a nice one to. i think a more comfertable ride would be off the fiats.

the vauxhall is still an astra inside. unless its the bertone ragtop, i wouldnt be interested

you state that insurance is important, well lately i have found it cheaper to insure a 150tJet sport bravo than my saxo. When looking to change from a stilo 1.2 to bravo 1.4 90hp, my insurance went down. The bigger cars that the young uns cant afford are the cheaper insurance (unless silly 250hp+ variants)

Have a wider look around, get quotes, drive a few cars. I drove about 20 or so different cars before buying my bravo (in a 1 month period) and its def a buyers market at the moment (i got mine for cost!)

you'lll be suprised at what you find!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, had a look at the T-Jet on quotes, bloody cheaper than the MJet which surprised me a fair bit. So thats one on the list lol. 2300 that insurance came out for the T-Jet (isnt to bad confidering 0ncb lol)

I like the panda 100 but gf would disown me :(. The grande i realy like, would either have to be Orange for the Mjet or orange or white for the T-Jet :yum: and the fiesta i do like quite alot even though it is a ford badge :yuck:.

Yep these bigger cars can be cheaper but do i realy want such a big car? Id have a big car if it was an A4 but there still high insurance.... cheper than the a3 or on par but still expensive, trying to keep it around grp7 if possible otherwise cost on fully comp is a bit errm.... interesting lol.

Id be looking at changing more newyear time, and id have a car to sell as well (which has finance to pay off :( ) so i would end up with anything. See if anyone wants to do a trade in and a refinance so to speak.

Thanks

J

Hey there,

i was kinda in the same sutiuation as u a while back.

I have gone through so many cars to see which is the cheapest to run cheapest to insure but the fastest and sexy at the same time lol

I looked at:

Toyota mk2 - Fast 2.0 but a lot to insure
BMW 3 series - sh!te, slow, crap, gay, dont buy lol
Alfa 147 - Ugly A lot to insure
Alfa 156 - Sexy, big 1.8 fast, not to bad to insure, cheap
Fiat coupe - 2.0 Very sexy very fast a lot to inurse hard to find a gd one
Mazda Mx5 - 1.6 sexy fast Cheapish to insure cheap to run
Mazda Mx3 - OKish didnt like much
Astra 3 dr - very sexy, very cheap to run and very cheap insurance, to insure me on the 2.0 astra SRI it will cost me £100 3rd Party and £400 Fully Comp ontop of my insurance now which is a 1.2 punto mk2!! Not bad!!
Panda - very sexy i like - not as nice as the astra tho
GP - YES i like very much !!!
Fiesta is for fat ppl! VERY FAT PPL

Remus (y)

the vauxhall is still an astra inside. unless its the bertone ragtop, i wouldnt be interested
yeah it is an astra inside, and compared to a bmw or an alfa thats a bad thing, but compared to the other cars on that list its a good thing. there is no childish tacky crap like the studs on the GP seats for example.

herpsuk said:
same shape as jugs... but seems a big car
it has a huge boot so it is very long, making reversing a bit awkward. however a spacious coupe that comfortably seats 4 adults and all their luggage is a rare find and probably the astra coupe's main selling point.

Last edited:
I looked at:

Toyota mk2 - Fast 2.0 but a lot to insure
fugly
BMW 3 series - sh!te, slow, crap, gay, dont buy lol
rep-mobile
Alfa 147 - Ugly A lot to insure
not ugly at all... are you looking at the right car!?
Alfa 156 - Sexy, big 1.8 fast, not to bad to insure, cheap
nice, but poor build quality
Fiat coupe - 2.0 Very sexy very fast a lot to inurse hard to find a gd one
getting on a bit now
Mazda Mx5 - 1.6 sexy fast Cheapish to insure cheap to run
fugly, and not that fast, but fun to drive
Mazda Mx3 - OKish didnt like much
crap
Astra 3 dr - very sexy, very cheap to run and very cheap insurance, to insure me on the 2.0 astra SRI it will cost me £100 3rd Party and £400 Fully Comp ontop of my insurance now which is a 1.2 punto mk2!! Not bad!!
very sexy?
Panda - very sexy i like - not as nice as the astra tho
girlfriend will leave you
GP - YES i like very much !!!
cool :cool:
Fiesta is for fat ppl! VERY FAT PPL
**** off you **** (y)
it has the best chassis in the class, looks as good and is built as good as most
Remus (y)

WTF! its one of the best looking hatchbacks ever made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
agreed (y), the astra ticked the box of being a decent size, decent enough power to keep me happy for a short time and comfy for long journeys.

If all your worried about is something that handles better and goes faster than an A class whilst still being cheaper to run. Import a Nano. Arguably a better looking car aswell. (y)
The AClass handles surprisingly well, got the sports pack, feel every bump but not had any mishaps yet, struggle to get the thing to loose grip even the slightest..... apart from wheel spins lol.

Now stop. Remember the XJ6. Give it a polish and off you go!

:eek:xj6? no never its an XJ40 :p

i want to get it going but you knwo as well as i do.... i need to get a mortgage size loan to fix the bastard thing back to imaculate condition. Also insurance is like being but raped repeatedly........ also Fuel economy, my dads cars do more than the jag :eek: although i heard theres a jag breakers down the road :chin:

Going down to fiat hopefully later, heard a rumour they have MJet and TJet Gps in :D

Last edited:
lol im sorry but i hate the front of the 147.. those lights looks horrible... the shape it tooo rounded and i dont like it.. i like the interior and the drive thats all lol

I would go for the astra SRI

OMG i was just about to say that!! really nice car on there (y)

Panda 100 (gf hates it lol) If you think the A class is hard think again
C2 GT (maybe vts at a big push, but not the vtr (terrible to drive)) I can assure you the VTS is also horrible to drive but faster
Fiesta Zetec-S Probably best ride/handling balance of the cars
Astra Coupe 1.8 (same shape as jugs... but seems a big car?)........
MG ZR (insurance was a bit more than i wanted) Like replacing head gaskets and looking like a chav? its the car for you if you answer yes

J

my comments :D

Back