General What Buttons Beside Gear Stick??

Currently reading:
General What Buttons Beside Gear Stick??

Hey guys,

I'm looking at buying a Stilo (as some of you know).
The only ones that I have been in have the City button to the left of the Gear Stick and then two blanked off spaces below that.

I was wondering what buttons/functions go there?

for example in this pic..
DSC02486_27829135448.jpg

The top button will be City but the one below also has writing on it. There is no mention of any feature in the cars write-up that I could link to it.

Thanks,
B

Isn't that where all the tracttion control and electronic stability wotnots go?

So basically that button turn traction control on and off :)

Possible a bit of a n00b question but is that the same thing as ESP?? (having read another thread models with ESP can easily be retro fitted with Traction Control which is something I'd like to do)

Possible a bit of a n00b question but is that the same thing as ESP?? (having read another thread models with ESP can easily be retro fitted with Traction Control which is something I'd like to do)
That's extremely unlikely.

ESP needs to take account of everything ASR can do plus also take account of inertia forces acting on the vehicle together with the steering position of the wheels. Even if you took the time to bolt all the extra bits on it still wouldn't be accepted by the body computer, on a Stilo, so I'd be interested to see you try :rolleyes:

Whether you have only ASR or ESP it's normally possible to disable the ASR (traction) component as you may need to do this in mud/snow.

That's what the button if for (default is ON)

Back