General wet foot wells

Currently reading:
General wet foot wells

kittmac

hi all new to the forum just bought a 1998 sci sporting and not long after bring it home i noticed the passenger and driver carpets were wet after puylling up the carpet i found the black sound deading saturated were could this be coming from any help would be great cheers kitt:bang:

I had the same problem, but mine was just with the driver side. I found it was coming in from somewhere behind the dash. I had to strip the dash so i could get behind the clocks, pull up most of the carpet in the front footwel, strip the carpet under the bonnet and get someone to pour water on the window with a hose pipe while you watch inside to see if you can see it coming in anywhere. I found mine was coming in from somewhere under the battery holder, so i had to seal all possible ways it could get under the battery but allowing it to escape through the proper channels not for it to pool up under the battery. All the above are possible causes aswell. You just have to take time and check all possible places. Hope this helps.

Back