General Webber carb needed urgently

Currently reading:
General Webber carb needed urgently

To cut a long story short I appear to have knackered the webber carb. I feel like such an idiot. :(
Does anyone have a spare carb I can buy? I'm getting real desperate now and if someone does it will make me so happy!
Thanks folks

I carefully pulled it apart to see if anything was blocked but it looked fine so I reassembled it and refitted it. Now the engine runs rough as hell and will only run if i have it at high revs. I didn't adjust anything.. I've spend half the afternoon trying everything but it seems hopeless so I just lost hope and wanna change it now.. :/

Well.. (seeming fortunately) I have managed to get it running fairly well.. but I have a question.. does anyone know what the screw does in the picture below?
If I turn it all the way in the engine stalls and if i remove it the engine stalls.. evidentially its some kind of tuning screw but does anyone know exactly what it does? It appears to have small pin holes in the bottom to allow fuel flow..

carb.jpg

I don't think it is an adjusting screw, more likely an air bleed jet or something. It should be screwed all the way in, but you could remove it and see if there is any sediment collecting in the recess. That might be why 'adjusting' has an effect on the running.

One other possible pointer to your running problem. I assume that when you took the carburetor apart you didn't change the gaskets? Your rough running symptoms sound more like air leaks to me, and by taking the carburetor apart you've probably disturbed the gasket material and it is no longer sealing correctly.

There is very little to adust or go wrong in the Weber 32TLF carburetor, so if the float and float pin are fine and all the jets are clear, I'd advise getting a carburetor rebuilt kit or even just replacing the gaskets (you might be able to get them from Fiat).

Either way, don't despair as I'm sure you haven't damaged the carburetor beyong repair.

Hope you get it fixed (y)

1986Uno45S said:
I don't think it is an adjusting screw, more likely an air bleed jet or something. It should be screwed all the way in, but you could remove it and see if there is any sediment collecting in the recess. That might be why 'adjusting' has an effect on the running.

One other possible pointer to your running problem. I assume that when you took the carburetor apart you didn't change the gaskets? Your rough running symptoms sound more like air leaks to me, and by taking the carburetor apart you've probably disturbed the gasket material and it is no longer sealing correctly.

There is very little to adust or go wrong in the Weber 32TLF carburetor, so if the float and float pin are fine and all the jets are clear, I'd advise getting a carburetor rebuilt kit or even just replacing the gaskets (you might be able to get them from Fiat).

Either way, don't despair as I'm sure you haven't damaged the carburetor beyong repair.

Hope you get it fixed (y)

Thankyou very much! I might try changing the gasket as it does look a bit rough. However the engine does only run with that screw in the pic adjusted perfectly so I dunno what thats all about.
Thanks for the confidence about not breaking it.. i'm good at breaking things lol

Back