General Water leak into luggage/bonnet compartment - classic fiat 500

Currently reading:
General Water leak into luggage/bonnet compartment - classic fiat 500

chiarapapa

As mentioned by the title I've got water leaking into the luggage/bonnet area. I've located the leak coming through the rubber grommets itself. It is a brand new seal and grommet that I've recently installed. Have I done something wrong?

Enclosed a couple of images for reference.

20240522_093115(0).jpg

Attachments

• 20240522_093108.jpg
    20240522_093108.jpg
    732.6 KB · Views: 18
As mentioned by the title I've got water leaking into the luggage/bonnet area. I've located the leak coming through the rubber grommets itself. It is a brand new seal and grommet that I've recently installed. Have I done something wrong?

View attachment 445404

View attachment 445404

Even in a perfect setup there are so many routes for water to get in there, but that looks particularly bad. I have sealed up all of those fixing holes and bonded the sealing-strip with PU adhesive, but judged by the amount of corrosion I found there last year, it still wasn't doing much good.. The strip looks a bit flattened around the fixing. It may also be that the bonnet is not slamming down on the strip as tightly as it should, or the strip may not be exactly of the same material or dimensions as original.

Back