Washer Jets

Currently reading:
Washer Jets

M

Mike

I have fitted washer jets and they have worked for ages, no problem (they are the spray type ones from a 307)

I have been doing bits and bobs on the car and have glues them on, now when i turn them on the jets are weak.

I fiddle with the wire and the jets work so that rules out the jets being clogged up (my first thought)

So i have put a new connection on, it is better but still only just reaches the bottom of the windscreen (above the wiper blades)
It does clean the windscreen but not very good.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

I have a feeling it is a washer motor and it is on its way out??

Car is a 2000 model??

Any help would be great as i have its MOT on Saturday!!

Cheers everyone

Mike

How did your old washer jets perform? The new shape Fiat Bravo washer jets also fit with no mods the classic Bravo aslong as you buy the non heated type.

My old ones were fine, i have had the spray ones on for about 12 months with no problems but was sick of them moving so i have glued them down as i wont be changing them while i have the car so cant change them now unfortunately - New bravo wasnt out when i put these in! that would have been a lot easier!!

It sounds like the pump is getting old, or there is a leak somewhere. Take the lining from the bonnet and check the connections under it.

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

I would check for leaks and replace the non return valve first. If that still doesn't sort it, it'll probably be the motor.

Banner08.jpg

6fs02c.gif
:
Fiat Marea Chrome Front Grille. Fiat Bravo MK2 Front Grille.
ePER V4.0 2008 DVD, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

how do you check the none return valve? There are no leaks have just checked that.

Sorry my bravo is a 2000 so the guide may not be correct, cheers for the info

Mike

Basically water shouldn't run down back into the washer bottle, so when you squirt your windows you shouldn't be waiting for water to squirt out it should be more or less instant.

So to check squirt your windows and see how long it takes to actually squirt out. When it goes the pressure is very low so it doesn't hit the window well.

You can new ones from Fiat, (Y splitter) or from Halfords who do a single non return valve so you fit that below your old Y non return valve.

Banner08.jpg

6fs02c.gif
:
Fiat Marea Chrome Front Grille. Fiat Bravo MK2 Front Grille.
ePER V4.0 2008 DVD, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

had this on my van, i removed the washer bottle, and then removed the motor, it was full of sludge and algae, cleanded it all out and refitted, job was a goodun!

stephend

Fixed, woo hoo!!

It was wierd that it just stopped, every time i fiddled with it (the washer connections with bonnet up) it worked.

Ended up the pipe was getting squashed when the bonnet lid was down, re routed th wire and hey presto, i did take out the motor and clean it, the whie pipe going to the back washer jet was clogged so i now have a back washer jet as well, ha ha

Cheers everyone