Warranty question

Currently reading:
Warranty question

rodduz

If a car is a '58 plate then it's roughly 2 3/4 years old now? Yes?

If the manufactureres warranty is 3 years, does this warranty still stay in tact if the owner of the car changes? So from today say there's still 'til September left on it.

If a car is a '58 plate then it's roughly 2 3/4 years old now? Yes?

If the manufactureres warranty is 3 years, does this warranty still stay in tact if the owner of the car changes? So from today say there's still 'til September left on it.

yes there will be the remaining warrranty left

As Applesei says the third year "dealer" warranty is transferrable to a new owner but it depends on where it was purchased.

If it was bought from a Fiat dealership they should automatically register you FOC and you should get a letter from Fiat confirming this has happened.

If you bought it privately you need to complete the transfer of warranty form in the back of the service book and there will be a small fee to pay for the admin, about £27 IIRC.

Ok, cheers guys. It's from a garage. IT's not a Fiat dealer as such I don't think They just buy and sell on used cars. I'll ask and maybe fill it in myself.

Cheers

A 12month warranty will probably come at a cost wouldn't it? I was just thinking of taking their 3month free one thrown in.

Cheers

Personally I didn't realise that there was a nominal (£27 ?) cost to transfer the remaining warranty. Not saying this is incorrect but it is not mentioned in the warranty book for may car as far as I can recall. Maybe the fee comes up after you have filled in the form and sent it off.

Regarding free 3 month warranty or 12 month at cost. Simple....negotiate, play hard ball etc. They want you to sell, you want to buy .........

Personally I didn't realise that there was a nominal (£27 ?) cost to transfer the remaining warranty. Not saying this is incorrect but it is not mentioned in the warranty book for may car as far as I can recall. Maybe the fee comes up after you have filled in the form and sent it off.

Regarding free 3 month warranty or 12 month at cost. Simple....negotiate, play hard ball etc. They want you to sell, you want to buy .........

It's on Page 46 (last Page) of my Abarth Service and Warranty Book but it applies to nearly all Fiat models. I'll try and scan the page and post it in here later.

Last edited:
Back