Question regarding Uconnect services on used Fiat (2017)

Currently reading:
Question regarding Uconnect services on used Fiat (2017)

retepnikrap

I assume that Uconnect services offered by Fiat are common across different models. My wife just purchased a 2017 24k mile 500 and it is perfect for her and a great car.
The car has Uconnect services so I have been trying to set this up so I can use Android Auto, the head unit has an 'Apps' button and 'Uconnect'.

Really frustrated, the process to use this service seems completely floored, here is what is happening. Download the 'Uconnect App' when launching it says that the services will be discontinued from Jan 2023 but not to worry go here! This then directs you to 'Mopar Connect, I registered the car at 'My Fiat' and it is there but won't show in 'Mopar Connect' and it won't let you add the vehicle. I contacted Fiat UK but as it wasn't a new car they said go to my local dealer, I contacted my local dealer and they want to book the car in and charge me £99 before they will look at it! I am pretty sure that there is no problem with the car so I dug further. Someone suggested updating the firmware which sounds like a good call, however, when I go to the area to get the update at driveuconnect.com/support/software-update it asks for VIN number and when I enter it nothing happens, I've checked the VIN and used it to register the car at 'My Fiat' and it is good. Been around in circles for days with no luck, really frustrated. Any ideas on how to connect and use the Uconnect services? Mobile has connected to the unit fine via Bluetooth, just seems a really crappy, buggy system.

Welcome to fiat ownership. Sadly crappy, buggy software is their thing.

If your head unit does not have android auto from the dealership and it sounds like this is the case, I do not believe you can just add it using an app. I think you need the headunit with the bigger screen.

Back in 2017 fiat were only just begining to put android auto and carplay in cars as an optional extra which involved having the uprated headunit with a bigger touch screen,

Uconnect as a system does not routinely have carplay or android auto. You might be better posting in the Fiat 500 section where quite a few people have done this in the past.

Back