Warranty Direct

Currently reading:
Warranty Direct

T

Tez

Has anyone ever dealt with these, and is it worth having?

I've been quoted £28 per month, and it covers:

http://warrantydirect.co.uk/help.html?what_help=SecureCare

bravosig.jpg

Not used them myself, but I've heard that they have a good name, (at least in comparison to other warranty firms.)

I'd want to check on exactly what they insist on for maintenance - maybe nothing but fully stamped-up FIAT dealer servicing is good enough for them to cover the car. Not sure I'd want the hassle/expense of 'official' servicing...

they want stamped servicing from a vat registered garage within 1000 miles/30 days of the recommended service intervals stated by the manufacturer.

bravosig.jpg

can someone please explain to me how this works??
AS i dont have acrobat reader so it wont let me view the policy?

most people with one will tell you its not worth the paper its written on, im one of those people, unless its from the manf ie fiat,bmw etc i would not take it out, this is just imo.

i have had a few so called warranty claims and they HAVE NEVER been covered, "wear and tear" comes to mind

under ENGINE it says "timing belts and chains" balls!!

if i were you i would just save the 28 quid a month and spend it on regular maintance, again this is just imo

I'm not very keen on mud, unless there are two ladies wrestling in it.

Steph just pretty mutch coverd everything there,£28 a month for nothing.

Get a lindsay porter,haynes manual read up on the whole car,and as steph said maintane it your self do that properly and you should be ok.

And have the self satisfaction of doing it your self.

Scotty

I'd agree just saving-up the £28 a month option is prob. smarter, as it gives you a lot more flexibilty. And if the car dosn't break, you've got a handy wedge to spend on whatever you like at the end of the year...

To give my opinion i was with them 1.5yrs ago my hgt 155 had a small oil leak ,mmmn i thought i rang warranty direct who said take to a vat reg garage.
I Used one locally anyway the engine had to be removed( being a hgt )as the oil pump of all things had a leak from its seal! a 1 in a 100,000 case the engineer said ! the bill was £535 so warranty direct get my vote ,oh and the car only had 26,000 mile on the clock.
Im currently on a fiat warranty with my jtd100hlx.

">