w00t Speed i mean "safty" camera update

Currently reading:
w00t Speed i mean "safty" camera update

i noticed it on the front page of a new paper this morning but didnt read then it was on the news just a second ago, apparently 4 have been removed already

they seem to be favouring sticking them on the motorway in the road works areas atm, just after the limit sign and just after so they really try to get you, also hide one behind a motorway signpost, *****

arc said:
but wasnt it from 2007 or 2008 they dont have to make them cleary visible anymore ?

Could that be interpreted as 'burnt to the ground by a public sick of being sucked dry by tax' - if they're there to slow you down then how is it being hidden going to do that? You'll only know AFTER you've gone past the dangerous area too fast.

on the subject of cameras, drove past a Gatso yesterday that was pointing skywards. Wonder if it was trying to catch speeding birds? :D

Wish I pulled over and grabbed a photo of it...

Lol, the sky??
Trying to keep plane speeds down......................BBBOOOOMMMMMMM!!!

Ive been drving for 3 years now and ive learnt that its isnt speed thats the killer, its the dumbass use of it and the arrogant cocks who think their car can stop in a heartbeat!
A major license shake-up should be in order, the road would be soooooo clear if that was done!
Sometimes i wonder how people get their licenses at all!
Some of the stuff in one road is just gob-smacking!

Hellcat said:
Could that be interpreted as 'burnt to the ground by a public sick of being sucked dry by tax' - if they're there to slow you down then how is it being hidden going to do that? You'll only know AFTER you've gone past the dangerous area too fast.

I think they'd argue that because you don't know where they are you would be more inclined to drive slower so as not to be caught on them... that way they aren't just there to slow you down when you see them.

Seraph said:
I think they'd argue that because you don't know where they are you would be more inclined to drive slower so as not to be caught on them... that way they aren't just there to slow you down when you see them.

Nah, still be able to see the flames :D Cameras have been proven not to work. Time to invest in real police who will catch the bad drivers, not just those going a bit quick.

It always brings a beaming great smile to my face to see that ash blackened look on a speed camera... i don't drive wrecklessly, i got my points in my stilo the first week i had it, at 2am, driving 36 in a 30 zone... no-one in their right minds would have pulled me or cautioned me for it. (this is the camera that is blacked out by us too :)) but cameras are free from any discretion...

I see a new burnt out camera up by me every week... it's great. (although i think in some respect, we end up paying for them)

speed cameras are great!! They can catch drink drivers, bad drivers, un insured drivers, stolen car......oh no hang on, thats police officers! How foolish of me to get them confused!

Get rid of them I say and get more bobbies out and about getting the type of drivers mentioned above!

Speed cameras are crap, they didnt stop me driving like a total twit, the coppers in a T5 did, get more of them on the road I say

brava007 said:
speed cameras are great!! They can catch drink drivers, bad drivers, un insured drivers, stolen car......oh no hang on, thats police officers! How foolish of me to get them confused!

Get rid of them I say and get more bobbies out and about getting the type of drivers mentioned above!

I know you can't speak on behalf of all the policemen and women in the country... but go on anyway! Do your average bobbies on the street and in their cars think speed cameras work? I've witnessed ANPR doing its thing, although that wouldn't have worked without the TC to interpret what it said.

Seraph said:
It always brings a beaming great smile to my face to see that ash blackened look on a speed camera... i don't drive wrecklessly, i got my points in my stilo the first week i had it, at 2am, driving 36 in a 30 zone... no-one in their right minds would have pulled me or cautioned me for it. (this is the camera that is blacked out by us too :)) but cameras are free from any discretion...

I see a new burnt out camera up by me every week... it's great. (although i think in some respect, we end up paying for them)

It's a bad law that turns the majority of law abiding citizens into anarchistic fire starters.... :bang:

Back