Volvo V50 T5 R

Currently reading:
Volvo V50 T5 R

imported_4hero

Howdy,

Thought I would post up my non-Italian motor. It's really just to get my wife and son around, they like it a lot. Had Impreza's for over 10 years until my son was born, and seeing him being thrown around the back of the STi at a couple of days old wasn't good.

Anyhow, here she is.

4019069341_3049d84c69_o.jpg

230bhp and 0-60 in 6.4 seconds isn't too shabby for a baby wagon.

Lovely car,i have to say iam not a fan of the Volvo's but iam warming to the newer models,iam in the market for a new car as Ive now had my 02 Mk III Renault Espace 2.0 16v Expression for 5 years from near new.....just not sure what iam in the market for? to many cars to pick from these days,it'll be a 2.0 thats for sure,

Cheers Don

I really couldn't decide either Don, it was tough moving on from Impreza's. I really wanted the Audi RS4, test drove a couple, but decided we would need the two cars and budget wouldn't stretch to the Audi :( It's a lovely motor to drive though, 18" wheels, amazing sound system, very refined drive compared to the STi.

Good luck with your choice!

4hero said:
I really couldn't decide either Don, it was tough moving on from Impreza's. I really wanted the Audi RS4, test drove a couple, but decided we would need the two cars and budget wouldn't stretch to the Audi :( It's a lovely motor to drive though, 18" wheels, amazing sound system, very refined drive compared to the STi.

Good luck with your choice!

Yeah the rs4's are a great balanced motor..... but there way out my price range thats for sure,Ive been looking at the new Giulietta but there too new for me as i would be looking at a car thats about 3 years old? or younger, also like the Brera but iam yet to be convinced?,i do like the Subaru Outback....decision's decision's!

Subaru's are excellent motors Don, very reliable. Only had one issue with my impreza's in the 10 years, the first one I had the starter motor went. Not the best build quality in the world, squeaks and rattles drove me mad! Mind you, I'm sure Italian will be the same :)

4hero said:
Subaru's are excellent motors Don, very reliable. Only had one issue with my impreza's in the 10 years, the first one I had the starter motor went. Not the best build quality in the world, squeaks and rattles drove me mad! Mind you, I'm sure Italian will be the same :)

odd, not one of my italian cars has ever squeeked or rattled, infact my current 13 year old cinquecento doesnt even rattle from its stupidly flimsy doorpockets, which is rare :laugh:

4hero said:

Its not a car Ive ever owned,i have had a few import Mitsubishi Pajeros even a Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 Cosworth back in the day but never a Subaru,i think all them type of cars suffer from power rattles lol...if thats what you want to call it,

Sorry i must run,see you about at the show tomorrow,

Cheers Don

Nice estate there, same engine as the Focus ST in that isn't it? Nice burble I'm guessing :)

Have been thinking about Imprezas myself for ages, though there's still loads of other contenders. Have liked Subarus since I first saw the Legacys carving their way through various forests in the hands of Colin McRae :)

Oh and Mark, I'll testify that modern Fiats do squeak and rattle - RGZ does a lot of this and a fairly bassy standard stereo doesn't minimise this :laugh:

muppet42 said:
Nice estate there, same engine as the Focus ST in that isn't it? Nice burble I'm guessing :)

Have been thinking about Imprezas myself for ages, though there's still loads of other contenders. Have liked Subarus since I first saw the Legacys carving their way through various forests in the hands of Colin McRae :)

Oh and Mark, I'll testify that modern Fiats do squeak and rattle - RGZ does a lot of this and a fairly bassy standard stereo doesn't minimise this :laugh:

Oops, only a year and 1 day late in replying :stunned: Sorry, missed the question the last time I read this post!

Same engine as the focus RS, the RS is tuned quite a bit more than the Lolvo though. Still have the car, wife still loving it!

Back