Don't buy a New Volvo

Currently reading:
Don't buy a New Volvo

why would that stop you buying a volvo if you wanted one?

it was an extreme demonstration of a technology not on the market yet that went wrong, if that happened in real life youd be asking why the driver never put the brakes on themselves and/or were too blind to see a truck.

I remember something similar happened with the Mercedes system - rather amusing but it's not exactly stopped people going out and buying them. That and of course the apparently terrible Mercedes after-sales experience, think they MAY have improved the build quality a bit on their latest cars.

Going back to Volvo though, had recently been looking up Youtube vids on the C30. Not my favourite car in the world, but the engine in the top spec model sounds rather sweet...

...the engine shared with the Focus ST reminds me of the 5-cylinder Fiat ones :smile:

oddly, im rather tempted still to get a volvo.....

hear me out

at my age, getting a car with decent performance insured is nigh on impossible unless you own a bank. theres seemingly an insurers bhp celing of 160bhp, anything over that they will slap an extra 600 quid on top of your premium instantly, however with volvos, due to their safety reputation, the bhp celing doesnt exist :D

ran a few quotes and a 200bhp s40 t4 is only £2 a year more than the calibra, most tepmtingly of all though, a t5 with 240ish bhp is only another 40 quid on top of that, best of all, with tweeks they can put out over 300bhp, yet insurance including remap etc declared for me still comes in at over £700 cheaper a year than a standard uk spec impreza turbo!

unfortunatley, with a volvo though, that would be near 300bhp all through the front wheels, so anything saved on insurance would be lost by the time you'd changed the tyres for the 7th time that year, lol

the age is irrelevant

all this dont buy a new volvo stuff is nonsense though tbh

its a safety gizmo that "should" never be tested in the cars life time that malfunctioned. that scenario would never have happened in real life unless stevie wonder was at the wheel

id still fancy my chances in a volvo where a gizmo i shouldnt need failed over, say a kia cerato.

Andi_F said:
Aye he could be a School Teacher if he drove an 'Older' Volvo espcially an estate. (Sorry Mark!!)

a school teacher with 240bhp though, and i may add volvo have made some of the tastiest touring cars of the 90's

oh, and i could play policeman if i had a t5 estate, anyone sees that in there rear mirror, they instanty clench.

If I were to get a Volvo, I'd probably get something like this due to the ludicrous size/speed factor...

500x_b_1995_volvo_850_t5-r_01.jpg

...I mean, ever since I saw them doing this...

volvo_850_t5-r_btcc.jpg

...I've kind of fancied getting one :laugh:

However, this does not mean this will be the choice for my next car. It does mean though that if I ever do settle down and start a family, this'll be the practical car I'll probably buy. That or a Stagea :laugh:

Venters said:
No need the 126 can drift it seems.
Snatch 2nd on a wet roundabout and hold on!

So does my Grande, doesnt it Martin and Martyn???

Would not have a Volvo if you paid me, My time having a 125cc bike proved to me they were at the time the worst drivers on the roads, worse than BMW drivers even.

Back