Technical Vin verification

Currently reading:
Technical Vin verification

Lofiat1

Hello everyone!! Thanks for letting me join the forum. I am about to start to restore a fiat that I purchased. Can anyone please guide me in the right direction as far as VIN identification goes? I want to do more research on where to get parts based on the details of car. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• IMG_7801.jpeg
    IMG_7801.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 32
Thanks very much.
So are there any issues with registering this vehicle in the states? I’m in Illinois and I believe most VIN’s are 17 digits. I get being a classic is less digits but do I need to look out for any red flags?

YW

All my old cars (pre 1981) have VIN that are different than the current 17 digit ISO 3799 and ISO 4030.

There were zero issues registering these vehicles in Florida. FL requires a VIN and odometer validation for out-of-state vehicles using form 82040 by a Notary, Florida Compliance Inspector, Police Officer or Licensed Dealership. No idea on Illinois requirements.

IMO, the body rust shown in the OP is the biggest red flag and wouldn't work for me on a vehicle, but it seems like that isn't a problem for your project.

Good luck.

FWIW, I HATE dealing w/ that paperwork and agency stuff. They always seem to find a detail / obstacle to reject completion.

Back