General Viewing Fiat 500 Pop - MOT shows rear sub frame damage but not serious

Currently reading:
General Viewing Fiat 500 Pop - MOT shows rear sub frame damage but not serious

I think we will see some big casualties amongst car makers before very long.
and hopefully some big discounts, which is when I'll think seriously about replacing the Panda.

Current interest rates make any kind of finance look less attractive, but for those with the spare cash sitting in the bank, it might be worth buying now before inflation erodes it away.

and hopefully some big discounts, which is when I'll think seriously about replacing the Panda.
What worries me now with the TA Panda is spares and abckup now Fiat has gone, Its really too high tech. Im tempted to sell it and just bstick with our 2014 1.2 which I can cope with mostly myself, And no multiair unit and DMF to worry about! With Fiat gone I think Dacia and Suzuki look the most likely potential replacements. Its not going to be easy, and confused by the move to EV. If they dont tax paetrol off the road we might be OK.

I'd agree it's hard to read the future just now.

As you say, the practicality and economics of any car choice will be heavily influenced by political decisions that are both hard to predict and essentially irrational. I know someone living in London who spent quite a lot of money in 2015 buying a high end diesel car in the expectation that it would be their last, and a lifetime keeper. £12.50 a day just to move it off the drive has blown that plan completely out of the water, and the car is worth only a small fraction of what it ought to be. Conversely, I've seen folks fighting to buy absolute wrecks, just because they're ULEZ compliant and have £35 tax.

Back