General Viewing a Qubo tomorrow.... couple of questions

Currently reading:
General Viewing a Qubo tomorrow.... couple of questions

Viewing a Qubo 1.3 multijet, 2009/09 dynamic tomorrow.

How can I tell if it has a DPF fitted?

Any specific items to look out for?
Listen for knocking noise when you operate the steering from lock to lock, as the qubo/fiorino's suffer from bearing failure on top strut mount.
Your qubo will now be out of fiats warranty so you will have to foot the bill.
If your buying from a dealer with a warranty included this then can be done, as i did with mine.
Also look for tyres wearing on the inside edge, this how-ever is normal, but this can be over come buy the correct tyre pressures decent quality tyres.
Ive had my tracking done countless times, and is now almost perfect by over compensating the oem measurement, but i am running 17'' wheels with 205 45 tyres.
Overall it will make you smile when you drive it, go cart handling fairly hard ride but feels solid and a good feel of the road...............GO on buy one!
LUIGI

Not as far as i'm aware, even the the strut bearing wasn't a recall, as not all the cars were effected, for example i've had two go on the same side [N/S] and the o/s one is still the original one
There is now an up graded version and no failure of these to my knowledge has been reported
LUIGI

Check that all the back lights on the dash come on when you switch on the headlights; particularly around the heater controls. Check power steering fluid level; our rack was leaking and needed to be replaced after 15k miles!

How can I tell if it has a DPF fitted?

Any specific items to look out for?

Mine's a Jan 2011 Dynamic and one of the last without DPF so I doubt a 2009 will have one.

Ditto the above re faults. My top strut bearings were replaced under warranty - just! (y) As Luigi says, turn steering from lock to lock and listen for clunks (like tapping an empty bath :D)

Well done............great little cars............hope it serves you well and your impressed with it. Mines a 2009, and unless you paid extra for it when new, they came without a DPF, so I never ordered one.................good decision.
Have fun, Qube O.

Last edited:
Back