Technical Verizon HTC Thunderbolt (Android) Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Verizon HTC Thunderbolt (Android) Problem

elevatorriskman

Does anyone have this phone hooked up to their Fiat 500? I got one earlier this week. I have no issue with the Bluetooth, but the USB port doesn't realize my phone is there (it can still charge it). My wife's Motorola Droid 4 has no problems.

I've taken my phone to the Verizon store to have the USB port on my phone tested already and it's fine. No problem plugging into my PC and swapping files, either.

My dealership had no idea.

Does anyone have this phone hooked up to their Fiat 500? I got one earlier this week. I have no issue with the Bluetooth, but the USB port doesn't realize my phone is there (it can still charge it). My wife's Motorola Droid 4 has no problems.

I've taken my phone to the Verizon store to have the USB port on my phone tested already and it's fine. No problem plugging into my PC and swapping files, either.

My dealership had no idea.

Sounds like you have one of the newer 500s that doesn't need the B&Me adapter. Have you tried updating to B&Me 5.6 since it's quite likely that 5.5 is already installed.

Sounds like you have one of the newer 500s that doesn't need the B&Me adapter. Have you tried updating to B&Me 5.6 since it's quite likely that 5.5 is already installed.

5.6 is a release to increase compatibility, might well be worth a look at the list of supported phones.

It's doubtful that you'd need the adaptor as that was an iPhone specific accessory, in order to interface with apples protected and proprietary connector.

Yes it's set to USB mode. The phone doesn't recognize anything has been plugged in (aside from charging, as if I were plugging it into the wall). The car does not detect anything either.

I could be wrong, but this doesn't sound like the way a comparability issue would work out. Are there other issues in the droid software that the FIAT doesn't like??

The HTC Thunderbolt is able to plug into anything else, like PCs, and other phones (my wife's motorola droid 4) has no problem with the FIAT.

Back