"Vanishing Point, every time Miller drove it, his nose and ears bled"

Currently reading:
"Vanishing Point, every time Miller drove it, his nose and ears bled"

bloomfieldliam said:
McLaren F1 has always been an impressive machine in my eyes, still to this day not much comes close even after all these years.

How about the Koenigsegg. Someone else also mentioned the Mclaren doing 240.1, which the Koenigsegg also beats. As far as the future is concerned, the Chrysler ME Four-Twelve, should go into production quite soon, if not already. The original concept version, with it's 6litre V12 quad turbo did 0-60 in 2.9 and topped 248mph.

Neofolis said:
How about the Koenigsegg. Someone else also mentioned the Mclaren doing 240.1, which the Koenigsegg also beats. As far as the future is concerned, the Chrysler ME Four-Twelve, should go into production quite soon, if not already. The original concept version, with it's 6litre V12 quad turbo did 0-60 in 2.9 and topped 248mph.

As it stands the long held record of 240.1mph set by the Mclaren has only just been beaten by the 9FF Porsche 911 as documented in this months EVO mag. There is mention of the Koenigsegg but its never been officially recorded, yet, they are planning to do so soon. Even tho the 9FF topped 241.1mph there is still a period of quantification before the record is recorded. It had 3 GPS systems installed plus other timing equipment to cross reference to ensure accuracy.

Aaron.

That's strange, I read that the Koenigsegg had been tested up to 242mph, but the manufacturers claimed that it would go to 245mph. I hope they do some official tests on the Chrysler some time soon, because if the claims are correct, it will blow them away, well by a few mph anyway.

Yeah, but to set a new record you have to have a number of very accurate timing facilities, & then have it verified, even tho EVO mag and a number of other mags from through out Europe were present at the time trail, its as it stands still not yet "officially" the fastest, the Macca still is, but it will be once all data sheets etc are quantified. Thats why the Koenigseggis going to the Nardo test track in Italy soon to try and set an official record as well. The 9FF Porsche is said to be able to go even faster, they think they can crack 400kph (248.6mph) on the next attempt, tho maybe not at Nardo as they think they are to fast for the 8mile banked circuit :D

Is that the course where you can do 200mph on the bends without touching the steering wheel? I remember Tif Needell mentioning that when he was testing something somewhere. The banking would hold you round the bend up to that speed.

Yeah Dauer 962 which is a Porsche 962 Le Mans car converted to road use, again as it's a small volume car conversion it's not recognised as the worlds fastest because of this, i believe its something to do with meeting homologation purposes for more than one country or something. There was an article about the Dauer in EVO mag about 18months back and because the whole body is carbon fibre it reflects radio waves used for speed cameras.

Aaron

Back