Image2130.jpg

Bravo (Classic) Van-dalism

Introduction

I'm back ;)

I felt this was more apt than adding to the van thread (y)

For those that don't know the van thread...

The van
Image2130.jpg

Image2133.jpg

The latest idiotic purchase sitting in the garden :spin:
Image356.jpg

This one can't be rescued but has a lovely sounding engine :)

I also plan to transport these
Image358.jpg

Along with a few other bits and bobs (dash perhaps? :p)

As per norm, no one bothered trying to talk sense to me :ROFLMAO:

Don't expect an update in the next few days, I'm rather swamped with other stuff, but soon enough :)

Need to source out some Alfa wiring diagrams, if anyone can point me in the right direction it's much appreciated :)

Let's see if I can get this one to work... ;)
Im quessing either 01 or 02 as it has the three cats(y) . I had autodata but my dad decided to declutter the pc so its on the missing list must try and get a newer version of it anyway :idea: .

1.6, 1.8, 2.0 ? nice purchase, that going in bravo of course ?
This is my first question. Im guessing 1.6 based on the engine steady in the top left of the pic. (connects to the drivers strut tower, same part as Bravo 1.2 i think)

Edit, just noticed the Alfa wheels are 5 stud :p

Last edited:
Im quessing either 01 or 02 as it has the three cats(y) . I had autodata but my dad decided to declutter the pc so its on the missing list must try and get a newer version of it anyway :idea: .

A 01 :) this one doesn't need the cat! :p I've been meaning to get Autodata myself a while...

Ive got a program whats got all the wireing diagrams on but i cant remember what is called , but soon as i remember ill post a link to it for you

Cheers! (y)

1.6, 1.8, 2.0 ? nice purchase, that going in bravo of course ?

Of course, hence the thread ;)

On the engine this man has it spot on:

This is my first question. Im guessing 1.6 based on the engine steady in the top left of the pic. (connects to the drivers strut tower, same part as Bravo 1.2 i think)

Edit, just noticed the Alfa wheels are 5 stud :p

Very well spotted, it is indeed a 1.6 ;) I was opting for a 2.0 CF2, I'm in the deep end with a CF3 setup! Didn't particularly want electronic throttle! Ahhhh

Have seen a few Coupés with 5 stud conversions, like this one from fiatcoupe.net. It will be interesting to see if I can do it, I may need driveshafts from a Coupé (156 uses double wishbones iirc)

Sure we'll see how it goes, I'll document it anyway for all to see! :)

On another note, I went to start the van, only to find the fuel pump has seized... The CF3 setup uses a different tank setup anyway! (y)

In due time :)

Whoopsie! I keep forgetting to take snaps, way too busy with college stuff and building a silly diesel monster :eek:

OOOPs sorry totaly fogot about this , just at work now , Willl set a reminder on phone to PM you the link to the softwere if you want it?

That would be excellent stuff, cheers! (y)

The usual cameraphone has been retired for the E5, long live the Supernova!

Pros: Better quality :) Con: Huge photos :(

I've began to strip said 2.0
Image515.jpg

Image548.jpg

The main attraction
Image549.jpg

Conveniently, the ECU in the van decided to give up :rolleyes: taking it out, it plugs straight into the Alfa's plugs :) doesn't mean the pins are the same... If they are, happy out! :worship:

Then there's driveshafts to think of too.... Hmmm.....

Any light shed on both the ECU's would be a huge help! (y):D

Back