Technical Valve cover tightening sequence

Currently reading:
Technical Valve cover tightening sequence

Having replaced the valve cover gasket I'm going to use a torque setting of 7.8 but does anyone know the tightening sequence for the bolts please?

No sequence specified as far as I recall.

As these are renown for leaking gasket + blue Hylomar is recommend.

As for tightening down work your way in small steps in a diagonally way just as though it were a cylinder head. I would place the cover on, run all bolts to finger tight and then proceed with 1/4 or 1/2 turns with the torque wrench set to no more than 50% of the final value. Then set 90% (or even less) of the final value and proceed in 1/4 turns till the wrench clicks/yields. This should suffice. 100% probably won't be needed because in my experience when sequentially working in steps one hits 100% of torque soon than if you were to 100% and go in one shot.

No sequence specified as far as I recall.

As these are renown for leaking gasket + blue Hylomar is recommend.

As for tightening down work your way in small steps in a diagonally way just as though it were a cylinder head. I would place the cover on, run all bolts to finger tight and then proceed with 1/4 or 1/2 turns with the torque wrench set to no more than 50% of the final value. Then set 90% (or even less) of the final value and proceed in 1/4 turns till the wrench clicks/yields. This should suffice. 100% probably won't be needed because in my experience when sequentially working in steps one hits 100% of torque soon than if you were to 100% and go in one shot.
Thanks that's been a real help!

Back