Technical Vacuum line diagram/guide for 2003 Ducato 11 2.0 JTD

Currently reading:
Technical Vacuum line diagram/guide for 2003 Ducato 11 2.0 JTD

FamaMarah

Does anyone have a guide or diagram for the vacuum system in a 2003 Fiat Ducato 2.0 JTD? I am especially interested in the correct way of connecting the vacuum lines to the two solenoids fitted just above the throttle body.

Research suggests that one of these solenoids is meant for the EGR system while the other is for throttle body/boost. A mechanic took out these solenoids to gain access to parts beneath. During my drive home, the vehicle got into limp mode. Upon opening the hood, I noticed two vacuum hoses stemming off from the main vacuum line to the brake booster but leading to no other parts.

The two solenoids are identical - essentially cylindrical with two vents at the top and one vent at the bottom. Each carries an electrical harness in the middle, a blue harness for one, and a black harness for the other.

Can some please send me a diagram or explanatory guide for the vacuum connections to these solenoids? It'd be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Does the attached file, which is an extract from eLearn, meet your requirements?

Attachments

• 2.0jtd vacuum valves.pdf
    189.4 KB · Views: 89
More Information

What you refer to as solenoids are in fact proportional vacuum valves, which supply a variable vacuum to the controlled devices in accordance with the electrical signals from the ECU.

For identification the harness colours are not recorded.

The vacuum control valve for the EGR should have yellow/grey and orange/black wires.

The vacuum control valve for the throttle body should have yellow/black and orange/black wires.

Both orange/black wires are supplied from fuse F11 EI Secondary Services in the engine bay fusbox.

Yes Communicator, the image you provided will be very helpful
Does the attached file, which is an extract from eLearn, meet your requirements?
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. The image you sent was exactly what I needed. Just to be sure, the vent/port identified in the diagram as "user outlet" is meant to be connected to the throttle body by means of a vacuum hose....is that right? The same port/vent in the second valve ought to be linked to the EGR?

Yes but which goes where? See my second post #3 for wiring colours extracted from eLearn wiring diagrams.

But wait, there is a conundrum. In the same section of eLearn I have found the attached digram, which does not mention a throttle body. Instead a wastegate is controlled by the second vaccuum regulator. The question then becomes how is the second vacuum regulator controlled? There is no mention of a wastgate solenoid on the appropriate engine management diagram.

What is on your vehicle to connect to?

eLearn for the x244 is included in the "Downloads" section at the top of the page.

Attachments

• 2.0jtd Air Supply & EGR.pdf
    227.8 KB · Views: 67
Yes but which goes where? See my second post #3 for wiring colours extracted from eLearn wiring diagrams.

But wait, there is a conundrum. In the same section of eLearn I have found the attached digram, which does not mention a throttle body. Instead a wastegate is controlled by the second vaccuum regulator. The question then becomes how is the second vacuum regulator controlled? There is no mention of a wastgate solenoid on the appropriate engine management diagram.

What is on your vehicle to connect to?

eLearn for the x244 is included in the "Downloads" section at the top of the page.
Hello Communicator,

Thank you so much for yet another very informative diagram. I'll take some time to study it and see to what extent it is applicable to my vehicle (2003 Fiat Ducato 11 2.0 JTD, 244 chassis, cargo build). Please bear with me as internet access here is very unreliable. But do stand by as you definitely have the insights I need to solve this problem.

In the meantime, please consider:

1. The attached image of the type of throttle body in my vehicle. You can clearly see a vacuum hose sticking out from the side. I got this image by googling "2.0 JTD throttle body". The search results offered various models but this is the one I have in my Ducato. From the google info, this model seems to be more common in SCUDOs. Do you know if it's normal for Ducatos to have this type of throttle body?

2. The wiring harnesses - there are two wires in each harness. One harness has a grey-yellow wire and a green-black wire. The other has a black-yellow wire and a green black wire. So your description is correct if we swap orange-black to green-black.

3. I looked at the turbo and there isn't any unused port/vent where one could branch a vacuum hose.

4. The Ducato has a manual transmission. In limp mode, the rpm is not high enough. Although the gear changes are smooth, I can tell that it is now taking a bit longer for the clutch to fully engage because of the low rpm.

Thank you for the feedback.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230318-162031.png
    Screenshot_20230318-162031.png
    248.3 KB · Views: 36
Back