V-Power?

Currently reading:
V-Power?

Wait, what? 37 MPG?! What sort of mileage are you doing? I struggle to get an average 30 MPG in my T-Jet and i use V-Power! I get 31 MPG on motorway driving.

Jesus thats bad! :eek:

Ive just used a full tank of v power in my t jet driving entirely on country roads, and doing 2 x 2 mile trips a day to work everyday and ive averaged 39 mpg! And thats even with the occasional heavy right foot :D

Wait, what? 37 MPG?! What sort of mileage are you doing? I struggle to get an average 30 MPG in my T-Jet and i use V-Power! I get 31 MPG on motorway driving.

Yeah, running at about 38.5 at the minute.

I average 300 miles a week, 80mph average on motorways and seldom blast around and only boost for overtaking. Keep it clean, serviced etc and just take it easy. I always use Vpower too, never the other stuff and ONLY from Shell, never fill up anywhere else :)

I've just had a little Google about this new fuel and it looks like the octane rating is the same but it's just got different/better detergents in it for a cleaner engine. not as exciting as I hoped :(

Just filled up with this (probably around three-quarters of a tank...) -- so will report back, in a few days. (y)

Where I fill up (Diss) I think its stayed the same price, not certain but I think it has, 142.9 I believe.

I have to say, regardless of when it changed to Nitro+ I haven't noticed any difference. Seems to be more of a marketing thing to revive the 'V-Power/Shell' brand...

I was hoping for it to be a new fuel with more octanes and fun stuff :(

I have to say, regardless of when it changed to Nitro+ I haven't noticed any difference. Seems to be more of a marketing thing to revive the 'V-Power/Shell' brand...

So far, after using about half a tank of the stuff, I also can't tell the difference.... :confused:

If it's got more additives, though, perhaps it's making the engine all sparkly inside...? :D

We shall see.... :rolleyes:

So far, after using about half a tank of the stuff, I also can't tell the difference.... :confused:

If it's got more additives, though, perhaps it's making the engine all sparkly inside...? :D

We shall see.... :rolleyes:

I'm hoping I don't ever have the need to see the inside of my engine but it would be nice to know if it was all clean.
As it has replaced V-Power I will be using it anyway so unless they put the price up, in theory, it should be a free benefit :slayer:

Well Filled up with 3rd tank on the bounce now and car must be happy with it as its the best mpg I've ever had on fuelly at 43.5mpg over 350 miles mixed use so Tbf I reckon the maths works was getting 40mpg on normal and 320 till fuel light came on last two times I've filled up have been around 350 miles and light has not come on yet. Getting more than 6% mpg improvement for the additional 6% cost.

Well Filled up with 3rd tank on the bounce now and car must be happy with it as its the best mpg I've ever had on fuelly at 43.5mpg over 350 miles mixed use so Tbf I reckon the maths works was getting 40mpg on normal and 320 till fuel light came on last two times I've filled up have been around 350 miles and light has not come on yet. Getting more than 6% mpg improvement for the additional 6% cost.

I've got to agree.... In the Punto, the cost per mile is as low as I've seen, doing my usual journeys... (although, after two tanks, it's perhaps a bit early to say; and it's only a very small difference between the old V-Power and the new stuff: which is probably just a coincidence, etc.... -- long term, I'm expecting them to be pretty much equivalent...). I shall therefore be sticking to V-Power (whether or not it's Nitro+) for the foreseeable future.... (y)

I've got to agree.... In the Punto, the cost per mile is as low as I've seen, doing my usual journeys... (although, after two tanks, it's perhaps a bit early to say; and it's only a very small difference between the old V-Power and the new stuff: which is probably just a coincidence, etc.... -- long term, I'm expecting them to be pretty much equivalent...). I shall therefore be sticking to V-Power (whether or not it's Nitro+) for the foreseeable future.... (y)

With mine I always thought it went better on it performance wise but never thought about measuring the economy difference. Makes sense with my car that it does work better though as it shares 99.5% of its engine with the 98 ron only Suzuki ignis sport, only differences are lower compression ratio (to cope with 95 Ron) Vvt comes in lower and it doesn't have an exhaust and induction by Suzuki motorcycles so its not that surprising it works better on 98.

Out of interest - I'm thinking of trying the Nitro+ tomorrow in my Stilo - back along it had a sticking valve, and had the engine flushed.
Now the Shell advertising stuff on their site says how it has cleaning agents to clean the valves and injectors, so I'm thinking it might be worth using it for that.
Are there any reasons why it might actually be a bad idea?

Are there any reasons why it might actually be a bad idea?

I don't think there could be any reason at all why its a bad idea, it's just a bit higher octane than regular fuel and as they say will be full of cleaning agents. So in general just better than the fuel you're putting in it at the moment and you might even see an increase in MPG

Well when I bought the car, it had tesco stuff in it. Of course, once that was almost gone, first fill up was with Shell unleaded (I always use shell, won't touch anything else!), I went from 36mpg average to 40 - that's on the trip counter.
I am a believer of using good fuel - just wanted to make sure there wasn't any technical reason why anything in the fuel might be bad for my engine that's previously had a problem.
I'll fill up with Nitro+ today :)

First fill up of Nitro+
I didn't expect much difference, but the car sounds a little sweeter and my misfires have greatly decreased! :eek:
Averaged 43mpg on my way back from the garage, normally I'd get around 40, but that might just be me driving better because I knew I had just put in decent petrol!

Right so had 1st actual long trip of the year while driving normally, so 60 in 60s 70ish in 70s and not letting the speed drop from 70 on motorway hills which hammers economy I got 46.6, claimed economy on the later version of my car (which was retuned for lower co2 and better fuel economy than mine) is 46.. so awesome however we'll see how it goes based on the summer heavy foot.

Back