Usual Dealer Rubbish

Currently reading:
Usual Dealer Rubbish

M

mountainmachine

Ok so having fan probs as you can see in:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/15639/thread/1156507851/last-1156960266/Fan+relay+on+Bravo+and+fan+problems

But today FIAT realy took the biscuit!

Hi there was back into FIAT today to order the parts, as the incompotent fools couldnt find the fan relays on the system and i had to take in the parts themselves.

So took in the parts and they cant find out what they do. They dont know what the relays are for. Mmmm not good so i ask for replacment ones as they arent clicking. So relay 2 they can order £11.57, fine i say, (as already been round autofactors and they dont stock them) But relay 3 they dont have a clue what its for. "could be the fule injection, the air bags we just dont know" hmmm.

Ok i say cant you find out? Shuffle's off to see the auto electrician. Comes back "we'd need to run a diagnostic and go wireless with the ecu, and run an online diagnostic" (plug it in to the computer then) - right and how much will that cost? £47ish.

After i insist that i want to know what the relay does and have seen the wiring diag he consults the electrician again. Seemingly at the end of 99/00 they change the fan controll to an onboard ecu with a "possible" back up relay!

But the engine managment lights not on, "ahh well a fault like that it MIGHT not be, the car will kick into safe mode to allow you to get home" Surely rad fan control is major and would trigger the engine managment light as it could overheat the engine!

And then they say that relay 3 might not be a relay but a diode etc so may not switch etc. (But they stilll dont know what its for!)

So relay 2 will be a few days as special order! (no discount) But bring it in and they'll check it. I for £47 to tell me its a £10 relay?

I said after i've replaced the relay if its not working then i'll consider it. But not until they find out what relay 3 does etc.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Re: Usual FIAT Rubbish

Can some one edit the title to Dealer Rubbish, as i like FIATS just not the unhelpfull morons behind the desk at my local dealer!

I know an excellent electricians in glasgow, him and his partner work out of a lockup ultimately but they're really good, the main guys name is tom and he's great at thinking out aloud, tell him what you've tried and what you think and he'll probably be able to sort it. I've taken people to him in the past when main dealers couldn't ort niggly things and he's always managed to do so. Email me if you want his details and i'll dig them out for you.

Ghengis Khan, http://www.babarmalik.com

Banner.jpg