Injector light and power loss as usual....

Currently reading:
Injector light and power loss as usual....

D

Darren

Hey chaps,

My 2.4jtd just started playing up today :(

Drove fine recently (sometimes I feel like it is lacking power) Drove it today to a shop, went back out to start it and the idle was slightly lower than usual and the injector light was on...

Revved it a bit and the light went out and revs seemed normal.
As I pulled away it came on again for about 5 seconds and revs dropped again (literally like 0.1 of the gauge)
Got on the dual carriageway and seemed fine, then the light flickered on then off.
It is doing this intermittently and now the whole car is lacking power randomly. If the light is on the turbo kicks in at about 3k rpm (rather than 2k) but is still sluggish and sometimes even with the light off it is still slow, then becomes fine 2 mins later!

I'm taking a guess at the maf, anyone to confirm this would be appreciated or any other ideas welcomed :)

cheers

Darren

Won't be the maf as it wont trigger the engine management light. Get a diagmostic done. If you live near me i'll check it for ya.

Rough idling, poor performance, black smoke etc could be caused by the egr but best to get the error codes read.

Banner08.jpg

FOR SALE :
ePER 48 Edition DVD 2009 / Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual / Fiat Bravo & Fiat Coupe Workshop Manuals and Fiat Bravo Owners Manual in Electronic Format.

cheers chap,

Haven't seen any black smoke and doesn't 'die out' just a little rough.

Will the error codes still show if the light isn't on?

cheers

OK, scrap the above...

I found today that when the injector light comes on the radiator fan comes on at 500000000 miles an hour!
I can hear the fan when doing 70 with the radio on as its spinning so fast!
If the injector light goes off (which it does randomly) then the fan goes back to normal and all power returns.

I know I should get a diagnostic done, but I don't have spare cash to throw at fiat to tell me I have a loose plug or similar.

Any ideas on what to try?

cheers

Darren

What is the temp gauge showing ?
If the turbo starts later, can be a problem with the turbo sensor, but it can be almost anything so a diag check is the best thing, what ewer it costs.

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

OK, been told it could be the coolant temp sensor.

I found this out on fiatforum and said if it doesn't send a signal to the ecu then the ecu will set the fan to max speed thinking the car is overheating, and will also loose power.

Joske,
Thanks for your offer but I live no-where near you unfortunately, you are one of the true gents out there willing to help :)

Just a quickie tho, the engine is sounding a bit 'hollow' at times now (I know it's not much to go by) but the 5cyl normally growls and rattles as it's diesel, but now it just seems a bit, echo'ey.
Could this be to do with the temp sensor again?
Fingers crossed that is the problem.

Oh and where is the temp sensor? haha, don't have a manual

cheers

Darren

Sorry sven, wrote at the same time,

The temp guage shows normal, and if the light goes off, the fan goes off until the temp goes up, then works as normal.

Not as much power loss yesterday but I have been thinking about changing the maf recently as she does feel slower at times. (before the injector light fault)

I'm hoping to spend £5.70 on a temp sensor and try that first.... if no fix then off to fiat to be ass-rap*d :)

What the MAF goes, if you have no hesitation around 2800-3100 rpm and the car pulls to 4500rpm normal, the MAF is OK.

LOCATIONS:
1. Air temperature sensor (air pipe after the MAF sensor underside)

2. Eng. management temp. sensor (on the duct splitter when you follow the pipe from the diesel filter to the high pressure pump left-back on the engine where your timing belt is)

3. Multifunctions thermo switch (on the thermostat)

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site

thats where the power loss was, 2.8k - 3.1k it has a 'slow down' then picks back up, and rev's to about 3.9k then drops off a bit.

This has been like this for a few months now so maf was on my to-do list.

I think the description I got was the 'Eng. management temp. sensor'
I can get this cheap as chips :) so worth a try, the car doesn't seem to be in pain and it only happens intermittently.

thanks chap

Thanks again, part ordered and hopefully this will be the first 'major' fault I have had in the year and a half of owning her.

Oil change and Maf next :)

bravo injector light on

hi there,any idea of what could be ! my bravo starts to turn on the maintinance light (injection spray) after the choke goes off and the idle goes from 1000rpm to3000 and than to zero and some times it turns off any ideas couse here in Malta no one can find what it is (fiat garage dont have the equipment for it as its the only 1.8 GT here !!!