General Using red punto key

Currently reading:
General Using red punto key

beccymarkwillow

Hello, just got a punto 1997 55sx and was only supplied with one red key and no blue keys. I have been driving the car for about 6 months on the red key and have had no problems as such but have noticed sometimes that the key code light stays on when I am driving until I stop the engine and restart it ,then it comes on for a few seconds and goes off. Should I have blue keys? and is it ok to be driving constantly with the red key?

custard

you sohuld have blue keys.get a new one cut ASAP as if you loose that red key its going to cost you big bucks as the ECU is coded(locked)to the key.
dont think its recommended to use the red key as a constant

littlemiss

Timpsons will cut keys, I got them to clone me my blue one as I snapped the ring, so it will no longer fit on a keyring (not good as I will only loose it) I had one cloned for £25 but it didnt work when I got it home, was fine starting the engine but I couldnt lock the door at all so I took it back and they cut me another one to replace it, now the key is fine.

I highly recommend a blue key as if you loose the red one it will be far more expensive in the long term