General urgent help needed

Currently reading:
General urgent help needed

firkin

Does anyone know what the dimensions of the rear hub plain washer are?
I was changing the hub/bearing last night and the existing plain washer which i needed to re-use made a break for freedom and is now down the bottom of a road drain - oops!! (or words to that effect):confused: :confused: . Fiat don't keep them in stock and it'll be Tuesday b4 i can get 1. I can probably get 1 from a local garage/supplier but need to know what size it is - inner / outer diameter / thickness. and as per usual its a friday and i've been stuck in f****ing meetings all morning :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: - don't these w4nks realise that getting a bit for my cinq is far more important that a pathetic meeting (n) about nothing important.(n)

Ffoxy

Telford's Own...
Scrappies would be my 1st place to call at, may mean a stripdown of a hub but u will get the right thing?

OP
OP
firkin

firkin

Unfortunately don't have time for scrappies - wife is due to go into labour any day now!! - I wouldn't live very long if i was at scrappies instead of standing by for a quick trip to Maternity unit!:D

Ffoxy

Telford's Own...
Anybody on the site breaking a Cinque for an expectant Dads other love? :)

Good luck mate... believe me kids are more trouble than cars! :eek:

Seriously hope u get sorted and Mother and Child are fine. :D :D

Ffoxy

Telford's Own...
Here u go Firkin, courtesy of Custard, see if u can get what u need posted up as u cant leave the nest right now?

custard

just noticed where you are firkin.you not manage to get to sports car breakers at new bridge over the weekend?

OP
OP
firkin

firkin

I've managed to get a washer that'll do until i can get to scrappys - it's not as thick but will do the job for the MOT. won't need the car for 2/3 weeks once sprog no 3 arrives - can use the ever so sensible family Picasso.
I'll try scrappys at Loanhead first cos it's nearer but if no luck will get out to SCB - Fiat want £7.58 + vat for a plain washer!! and no delivery till next week so they can go jump!!
hopefully the new lambda will arrive tomorrow (bloody postal strikes) and we can get re-test done monday morning - providing sprog hasn't arrived :)

OP
OP
firkin

firkin

New Lambda fitted - Rear hub/bearing all ok - passed no probs.:D
the new lambda has definately made a difference - tickover is much smoother-also pulls well all the way to the rev limiter.
*sprog No 3 ain't here yet - still waiting!*