Technical Uprated Shocks

Currently reading:
Technical Uprated Shocks

PNL

Banned
As you guy know my car is not lowered but despite that I seem to manage quite well going around corners were you lot seem to bottle it :devil: any road I have now found the perfik answer for the member that likes the extra ride height but wants that stiffer set up and they are called B6 Sports shocks and made by Bilstein and yes you can get them for the stilo they don't come with uprated springs you use the originals[unless you want to fit new ones at that time that is] the down side is the price though £509.10p for 4 shocks you think they would at least drop the 10p :rolleyes: available through Demon Tweeks :)

i dont bottle it, but when the wheels are screetching you gotta go a bit easy :)

its the body roll i dont like, my old sunny gti was better that the stilo, and that had other problems!

Morritt said:
i dont bottle it, but when the wheels are screetching you gotta go a bit easy :)

its the body roll i dont like, my old sunny gti was better that the stilo, and that had other problems!

Your problem is the car morritt you have an Arbath and from reading the post by Oldschool although you have the horses it appears I've got the handling as I have the lighter car ;) :woot: :nerner:

I have driven both the 1.6 and 2.4 [plus the 1.2 and JTD], and was indeed very impressed by Twincamm's car - froggie666 can vouch for my driving ;) - the handling was superb around the bends and roundabouts; the only thing that was lacking IMO was the power, and that is something I couldn't live with on a daily basis.

However, fitting the Eibachs transformed it to a degree - and I know a strutbrace does wonders as well.

so who do you go to to get this sort of thing done? i'd feel weird walking into kwick fit and asking if they would lower my car! likewise a small garage would prolly frown at me and tell me i'm having a laugh!

Morritt said:
so who do you go to to get this sort of thing done? i'd feel weird walking into kwick fit and asking if they would lower my car! likewise a small garage would prolly frown at me and tell me i'm having a laugh!

Firstly steer clear of quick fit as they are crap and do you have a local garage you use because theres no big deal in changing over the springs for a sports set up a bloody apprentice could do it or any half competent DIYer with a good set of tools you would need to supply the springs though normaly (y)

Morritt said:
If I'm honest my Stilo does wallow a bit around town negotiating roundabouts and the like but the car just seems to transform on the open road. :)

Mind you it only corners properly under power. Feed in the power and the whole body seems to straighten out. My usual technique is to come out fast and then run off speed a little on the straight ready for the next bend (don't know what brakes are for :devil: ). It can get damned hairy going through a closely linked series of hairpins :eek: and it's also a great way of dealing with tailgaters :mad: Let them settle on your bumper and once they're happy take them through a series of hairpins without so much as a blip on your brakes. Even if you let them catch you up you can be sure they'll leave plenty of space between you next time. :D

Argonought said:
If I'm honest my Stilo does wallow a bit around town negotiating roundabouts and the like but the car just seems to transform on the open road. :)

Mind you it only corners properly under power. Feed in the power and the whole body seems to straighten out. My usual technique is to come out fast and then run off speed a little on the straight ready for the next bend (don't know what brakes are for :devil: ). It can get damned hairy going through a closely linked series of hairpins :eek: and it's also a great way of dealing with tailgaters :mad: Let them settle on your bumper and once they're happy take them through a series of hairpins without so much as a blip on your brakes. Even if you let them catch you up you can be sure they'll leave plenty of space between you next time. :D

Another Driver like me :worship: :slayer:

PNL, i know what your saying, about all i used to go to kwik fir for was tyres (conveniently close) but now i have moved i dont know where the best garages etc are

Morritt said:
PNL, i know what your saying, about all i used to go to kwik fir for was tyres (conveniently close) but now i have moved i dont know where the best garages etc are

I never ever realised you used Kwik-fit Morritt from my past experience stear clear although maybe your have had more luck so if thats the case alls good :) you say you have just moved house so have you got any friends or neighbours you could ask you know if they could recomend a garage or two :)

well my brother lives round the corner, and has done for 6 years, and he asked me if i knew where was best to get an MOT done ... idiot.

activematt said:
:eek: You can buy coilovers for that price!

I can get coil overs cheaper than that but they come -30mm lower and then can be lowered to -60mm in most applications and you know what that would mean for me Matt Misery that I can well do with out

:) Most interesting to find you can get uprated shocks (at a price) only niggle I have with my Jtd 5door is 'soggy' road holding and body roll, this from a man who used to run Citroen BX's (they handled better!) Don't want to lower it as plastic under tray and 'bib' on bumper are easily caught anyway, or is that the roads up here in north yorkshire.

Suppose around five hundred quid is cheaper than swopping it for an Alfa 147 Jtd which was my previous long term intention!:D

Sid said:
:) Most interesting to find you can get uprated shocks (at a price) only niggle I have with my Jtd 5door is 'soggy' road holding and body roll, this from a man who used to run Citroen BX's (they handled better!) Don't want to lower it as plastic under tray and 'bib' on bumper are easily caught anyway, or is that the roads up here in north yorkshire.

Suppose around five hundred quid is cheaper than swopping it for an Alfa 147 Jtd which was my previous long term intention!:D

If you or anyone else wants these they are available at Demon Tweeks :)

Back