Tuning schumacher gp front shocks

Currently reading:
Tuning schumacher gp front shocks

georgiou18

Hi everyone ,my first post ,i have a stilo schumacher gp and need to replace the front shocks im struggling to find the correct replacements .I have been on the Bilstein website and prodrive to but no support from them ,fleabay none either ,i have gone to my local dealer and ordered a pair but not confident in the correct ones being supplied ,they know the car is a schumacher gp.
Any recommendations appreciated .

I think it was suggested a few years ago that Bilstein no longer produced the dampers for the Schumi. I suggest you contact Bilstein for the up to date picture. I assume by 'local dealer' you mean FIAT dealer. Will be interesting to know what they come up with...

Yep, last I understood you couldn't get them anymore. You should be able to get them refurbished by Bilstein though.

You could also look at more up to date stuff; I see Bilstein B6 stuff for the JTD which I think should fit the 2.4. The difference in the petrol engines vs the JTD and 5 cylinder is the bolt pattern on the shock. If memory serves the two mounting bolts on the heavier motors and spread further apart vs the lighter motors.

The springs I'm certain are the same for 2.4 and JTD. My Abarth has two JTD springs on the front!

thanks for the reply ,yes the hub locations for the shocks are different ,i suppose the bilstein b8 are the current equivalent to whats fitted but even they
are rare for the stilo ,i suppose ill wait a few more days to see what turns up at
my local fiat dealer, fingers crossed

The B6 are quite a lot stiffer than standard shocks.
I've got a pair on my Bravo. had quite a hard time finding the right mounting spacing because my Bravo has the smaller, thinner knuckle

The 2.4 and diesels Stilos (and Bravo 198 diesel and t-jet 150 Sport) all use the same knuckle... same spacing for the shock mount.

I think it was suggested a few years ago that Bilstein no longer produced the dampers for the Schumi. I suggest you contact Bilstein for the up to date picture. I assume by 'local dealer' you mean FIAT dealer. Will be interesting to know what they come up with...
Update ...just returned from my local fiat dealer and unfortunately the shocks that turned up where standard not bilsteins ,so now looking for the modern equivalents

Back