Rev meter = RED
Rev needle = GREEN
Speedometer = RED
Speedo Needle = GREEN
fuel thing = GREEN
fuel needle = RED
Temperature guage = GREEN
Temperature needle = RED

now providing the image goes on correctly, you will see that the revometer is'nt lighting up niether are the temp guage and fuel guage

can any one shed somelight on this situation cheers :)

Attachments

• IMAG0192.jpg
    IMAG0192.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
couple of things could have gone wrong:-
1) You have blown led's (kept the heat on for too long (more than 3 seconds)
2) The led's are on the wrong way
3) You fitted / were given the wrong model of LED's (you need 3528 PLCC-2 led's)
4) You have used insufficient solder and the led is not making proper contact

There is also one more possibility, but I'm not 100% certain of this, so take it as it is - I believe that on some Punto's, there are resistors fitted next to the LED's and when changing the LED, the resistors must also be changed. As I said, I picked this up a while ago, but haven't been able to verify whether it is true.

Given my personal experience, I'd guess that its either 1 or 2, but I'd check all.

couple of things could have gone wrong:-
1) You have blown led's (kept the heat on for too long (more than 3 seconds)
2) The led's are on the wrong way
3) You fitted / were given the wrong model of LED's (you need 3528 PLCC-2 led's)
4) You have used insufficient solder and the led is not making proper contact

There is also one more possibility, but I'm not 100% certain of this, so take it as it is - I believe that on some Punto's, there are resistors fitted next to the LED's and when changing the LED, the resistors must also be changed. As I said, I picked this up a while ago, but haven't been able to verify whether it is true.

Given my personal experience, I'd guess that its either 1 or 2, but I'd check all.

well my meter still lights them up so they arn't blown. I plugged it in half way through and the revmeter was lighting up, then i fitted the rest and well i ended up with this now

I will try adding a little more solder if that doesnt help i guess turning them around but i'm quite sure they're correct

If all that fails though then Plasma dials for me :p

If the led's are 3528 PLCC-2, then they are the identical to those that Fiat uses. Changing colour shouldn't make them draw any more current than the originals.
Unless.... the story I heard about the resistors is true. That would definitely have an impact.

ore are the led`s drawing to mutch current??

Back