General updating maps fail

Currently reading:
General updating maps fail

rjy584

I have Mopar Mapcare and have just downloaded updated maps along with the license have unzipped the files and then loaded them onto a USB again with the license but when it comes to loading the updates on my uconnect it says no media files found>has anyone else had the same problem?

It need to be on a fat 32 formatted memory stick
Other format's won't work

If it still don't work I'd suggest trying a different memory stick seen a few people have issues with memory sticks
Especially off brand ones

It need to be on a fat 32 formatted memory stick
Other format's won't work

If it still don't work I'd suggest trying a different memory stick seen a few people have issues with memory sticks
Especially off brand ones
Formatted stick and on fat32 and tried 3 different sticks as well

I assume you have tried re downloading the files?

Do you have both the map files and the lisence file on the stick and both within any sort of folders?
yes downloaded numerous times and both maps and license are on the same stick in their own files

I assume by own files you mean all the files are placed directly on the stick and not within any sort of folder?

Other then that I'm not sure what else to suggest
You've have tried multiple downloads and memory sticks that seem to sole most people issues

I did post on this sometime back on the exact method that worked for me.

Hope this helps:

tipojp

Member​

JoinedFeb 18, 2020Messages45Points60
Just updating on this, I've now managed to update my maps successfully to the most recent version (Sept 2021) from the Mopar website.

I had a few issues in getting this to work and what worked for me eventually was the process below:

1. I used a 64GB USB stick (minimum requirement is 32GB even though the files are much smaller in size)
2. Format USB stick to ex-FAT
3. Download all map files AND the licence
4. Copy the actual map files and licence file straight onto the USB, using no folders (I think there were 5 or 6 files in total)
5. Start the car and then turn on the radio
6. If you have a reversing camera, make sure you are ready to drive forwards and don't need to reverse, as this seemed to interrupt the update on my car
7. Insert the USB stick into the port
8. Wait a few seconds and then go into the Nav option on your screen
9. The system then recognises the update software on the USB and asks you if you'd like to proceed
10. Mine took about 80 mins to update (I have the 7 inch screen on my Tipo) so make sure you have a long drive planned
11. At the end I received a message to say the update was successful

Hope this helps others that want to update their map software.

good news peeps tried again this morning and for whatever reason the updates decided to load took forever but its done thanks for all your input

Back