Technical Updates!

Currently reading:
Technical Updates!

Jenefina

Hey Guys!

Sorry its been a while since I posted anything, It's been a bit hectic, just found out I'm gonna be an auntie, again....

I've had numerous stuff go wrong but have managed to find all the info in past posts so thank you! I still haven't got my hands dirty, sorry, but haven't had the time to do any damage to my baby car. I have thankfully found a decent (and reasonable) mechanic who, thanks to you guys, thinks I know what I'm talking about!!

So anyway, since my last post I've had to get a new battery (died on New Years day!), new bearings for the alternator (died about early Feb) and new rear shockers which desperately needed doing (although I do miss the back end telling me its still attached!).

The car is now back in the garage today as on Saturday a kind off duty mechanic in Tesco's car park pointed out a puddle of water underneath my car and told me it was probs the water pump..... DOH :bang:

He still needs his front suspension and radiator changing but because of all his other failings he's just bloody well gonna to have to suffer for now :mad:

One thing I do need help with is his horn! It's died, and I've been through a lot of past threads and read loads of stuff about twin horns, etc but I'm a tad lost! someone recommended this bad boy:

http://www.airhorns.co.uk/product.asp?u=HKKIGHNLLLCGAJHEFFCKLEE&pnid=311&deptid=150

But I'm thinking it may give my poor old mum a heart attack when I have to take her on her weekly shop!! I've asked the mechanic to check it out today so he can give me a heads up on what he thinks is wrong and then, check this out, I'm gonna have a go at fixing it this weekend! Where can I get just a normal horn from??? Is it as easy as you all say to sort out or is there a chance I could do some major damage!?!

Oops, just realised this isn't a post, its an essay bordering on a short novel! sorry! :eek:

I've asked the mechanic to check it out today so he can give me a heads up on what he thinks is wrong and then, check this out, I'm gonna have a go at fixing it this weekend! Where can I get just a normal horn from??? Is it as easy as you all say to sort out or is there a chance I could do some major damage!?!

Should be easy enough to sort out. Often it's nothing more than that the connectors to the horn itself have corroded. Clean 'em off, tryit and if it works, plop some vasaline on them.

If the horn is foobared, most motorfactors (or even Halfords) will sell you one for less than a tenner.

Back