Untitled

Currently reading:
Untitled

M

Manuel

Hi,
I'm going to change the airfilter with a more performing one. I can choose between OMP, K&N and KINGDRAGON. Any suggestions?
How many BHP is going to add this on a 100 16V (1.6 16v)

My car has 20000 KM... Any raccomandations using a special filter? Is it going to damage the engine?
(P.s. I'm going to change ONLY the sheet)

THANK YOU A LOT!! (^_^)

Filter

A filter replacement won't give you any more power (maybe 1 bhp). It won't damage your engine. The only difference between a fiat panel filter and say a k&n is the quality. K&N say their filters will last up to the cars liftime, but to keep maximum performance you should change it regulary. To gain prehaps 2-4 bhp you will need to fit an induction kit.

The reason why some cars gain more power is that they are able to cope with the increase in air take through the induction kit, for example they've had the head ported and polished to be able to cope, and then of corse it needs to go some where, so a larger bore exhuast (no more the 2.75 inch on normally aspirated cars)is usually added.

K&N Element

I fitted a K&N element to my HLX a year ago because it lasts for ages and doesn't lose efficiency as it gets dirty (or so the blurb says). There's no real increase in perceived power or torque to be honest but then I wouldn't expect any with this extremely minor mod.

The element for the HLX is the same as for the Alfa 155 - I had a bit of trouble tracking one down. Demon Tweeks sent me the wrong one too. They are around £40.

INDUCTION KIT

Hi
I have a 1.8 hlx
How much does it cost for an induction kit?
And where can I get it and fit it?
What improvements will I notice?

Thnx

K&N 57i Induction Kit!!-Piper exhaust

Hi,Ive got a black 1.8HLX pushing 'bout 145bhp!!
My only mods other than 17" rims, which go on a treat with no problems!!, is a 57i K&N induction kit to replace my air box. Disconnect your resinaitor too but do not drive through any foot deep puddles under the passanger front wing! With the right custom exhaust system, Piper Stealth recommended, you will get considerable throttle responce as well as an AWSOME purr with an almighty thundersome growl when your foot requires heavy attension!!

Check out both piper and K&N websites, you will get all the figures, tables and other ****** for guidence!!

Best of luck
Gino

K&N 57i Induction Kit!!-Piper exhaust

Hi,Ive got a black 1.8HLX pushing 'bout 145bhp!!
My only mods other than 17" rims, which go on a treat with no problems!!, is a 57i K&N induction kit to replace my air box. Disconnect your resinaitor too but do not drive through any foot deep puddles under the passanger front wing! With the right custom exhaust system, Piper Stealth recommended, you will get considerable throttle responce as well as an AWSOME purr with an almighty thundersome growl when your foot requires heavy attension!!

Check out both piper and K&N websites, you will get all the figures, tables and other ****** for guidence!!

Best of luck
Gino

0-60?

Hi there!

Nice car you have there! How much were your mods?
And what is your 0-60 now?

Cheers

145BHP????!!!!

I seriously doubt that you have managed an increase of over 30BHP from simply changing the induction and exhaust path! Where are you getting the 145BHP figure from? Did you have it measured on a rolling road? If so, I'd love to know what the same road would have measured your standard car as before you made the changes - I'd suspect it would have said about 135BHP!

Steve

Hi

What does the resinator do, whre is it and what difference does it make to your car. I have a HLX with a 57i kit.

Thanks
Harry

145BHP???

Stevs's right. Normally you'd expect anywhere between 5-15 BHP (depending on size of engine and how it responds to tuning) from changing over the exhuast and filter to an induction kit. You may get an extra 20BHP if the manifold was chnged as well, to a performance item, but theese are very expensive and i have not seen one advertised by any of the major aftermarket manafactures yet.
My HGT (97 R) with 147BHP as standard was pushing out 153BHP after a service (and MOT)at 50,000 miles and now 170BHP with an induction kit, Magnex cat back system and a superchip. Thats only a 17BHP gain over what it was and 23BHP extra over the original fiat quote of 147BHP.

Thanx for backing me up....

0-60Mph about late 7secs early 8's, its a good race between my mates cr-x, v-tec. I beet him top end with a top speed of 136Mph, I bottled it so slowed down quickly.

57i Kit £80.00 Fitted, 17" Kahn RS-R wheels with 205-40 wall tyres £840.00 Fitted, Kahn steering wheel £190.00 fitted, chrome sparco pedals-gear knob-gaiter and chrome plate for gaiter, both handbreak and gear leaver. To much done to list

Any questions on anything, repairs or mods, ask!

Regards
Steve

Resinator does......

A resinator, if i have spelled it correctly, is another small form of air box which is attached to the airbox further down the left handside, passinger side of the car. It is joined to the airbox by another small rubber induction hose. Its job is to reduce the amount of cold air by holding it, followed by pushing it through a further smaller rubber hose to complete the induction cycle!! Remove it and you will get slightly better throttle responce and lighter revs as well as immediate cold air intake, coz its no longer storing air !! (the rev counter will move quicker, not a lot but a little)This will prevent the storing of cold air allowing the imediate intake giving the best induction possible. This mod is cheap to do but the front bumper might need to come off to gain better entry. This mod is most popular on Honda CR-X's. Look at their web page. I'm impressed with my results, gives a few more bhp not a lot but a little and makes an even nicer growling note when your foot is down, .

Also, you can tighten up the nut that is under the accelerator peddle. This will enable the peddle to go down further, about an inch in my case!! Again giving more throttle but drinking more juice.

Any more questions, just ask!!
Regards Steve

0-60Mph

A resinator, if i have spelled it correctly, is another small form of air box which is attached to the airbox further down the left handside, passinger side of the car. It is joined to the airbox by another small rubber induction hose. Its job is to reduce the amount of cold air by holding it, followed by pushing it through a further smaller rubber hose to complete the induction cycle!! Remove it and you will get slightly better throttle responce and lighter revs as well as immediate cold air intake, coz its no longer storing air !! (the rev counter will move quicker, not a lot but a little)This will prevent the storing of cold air allowing the imediate intake giving the best induction possible. This mod is cheap to do but the front bumper might need to come off to gain better entry. This mod is most popular on Honda CR-X's. Look at their web page. I'm impressed with my results, gives a few more bhp not a lot but a little and makes an even nicer growling note when your foot is down, .

Also, you can tighten up the nut that is under the accelerator peddle. This will enable the peddle to go down further, about an inch in my case!! Again giving more throttle but drinking more juice.

Any more questions, just ask!!
Regards Steve

Sorry bout that, correct message 0-60Mph

0-60Mph late 7secs estimated!
Its a good race between my mates crx-vtec and me. i beat him top end with 136Mph but bottled it and slowed down quickly!!Hope no police read this as my licience is so far clean! 136Mph i am not kidding either, we were racing on an open airstrip.

57i Induction kit-£80.00 inc vat & fitting
17"Kahn RS-R Rims with 204-40-17 wall tyres £840.00 fitted
Kahn steering wheel, with boss-£185.00 fitted
Gear knob chrome with fitted gaiter and chrome plate
£75.00 fitted
So much to mention,chrome peddles, handbreak lever chrome, Alpine ajustable headunit, alpine cd changer, subs-amps, speakers the list goes on!!

Would gladly give any advice
Any questions just ask!!

Regards
Steve

Should have been clearer!

Forgot to mention chip, sorry! it was late at night and i just thought i would try to help with some advice regarding induction and exhaust!! I never ment to claim that my 145 figure was directly due to aiding induction and a full system. Sorry for miss print please dont think bad of me or my Bravo!!

0-60 Revised

Actualy, bout 8.0 secs timed by a local 3rd party Fiat garage near me called S&H motors! They did say my car does 64Mph in 2nd without the rev limiter cutting in. Feels quicker though, but dont they all!!

Steve

Power figures

All,

Just to add fuel to the fire - my HLX has just come back from the chip/K&N/Supersprint exhaust (cat back system) treatment and after setting up on the rolling road - manages a 'lowly' 128bhp at the crank, up from the original 115bhp at the crank with K&N already fitted. The figures quoted are EC corrected. I've been advised that I can get maybe up to 10bhp more if I remove the cat as well, but have decided not to due to MOT regs. Still behind Mr 145bhp. I'd like to know where the extra gains are to be found?

Cheers

Paul (happy Bravo owner - although concerned with these cambelt failures being reported!)

Handbrake Lever

Steve, your car sound great. I am interested where you managed to get hold of a chrome handbrake handle. I have been hunting high and low. I have supersprint exhaust, superchip and Kn 571. All sound good but I think it needs a tune as I get an occasional pop from the back. Just changed the plugs, I have worn out the alooy pedals from momo so time to get some more. I have 16" Migilia Spiders on mine, uprated fron discs and front headlight masks. Black but the abarth kit is ok but the fron bumper is beginning to crack. How is yours for squeeks?
I am thinking on Abarth Springs with new shocks as car is P reg so shocks are probably tired but fiat want £470 fitted, have you got these or do you know of a better combo at a cheaper price?
Thanks and happy driving
John

The Mean Machine!

>>Sorry for miss print please dont think bad of me or my Bravo!!