Untitled

• Thread starter 2000 Wreg Marea SX 100 16v
  • Start date

Currently reading:
Untitled

2000 Wreg Marea SX 100 16v

Hi merry christmas to all
a mate of mine has a Marea 1.6 16v and recently the engine management light came on and its running really rough.
He had the AA out last night and they told him there is a spark to all plugs and advised to get it to a garage for diagnostic.
He phoned 2 garages this morn who are not able to look at it til after new year, but both told him that it will need new injectors and will be about £300.
I am a bit dubeous that they can say what is wrong without looking at it.
Does anyone know if that is likely to be corerect?
also is there anything else he should check before going ahead and taking it to the garage?
Thanks folks

that sounds like a common trick to me, ive had a few mates be told that in the past.

The fact of the matter is a good mechanic would never quote for injectors without seeing the car or reading the ecu. Did he tell your mate it will need a new carb as well haha. I once rung a garage when my 1.2 was running rough and he told me that it would most likely be the carb and it would cost me at least £300 to fix!

Especially when the bravo/brava have an injector light on the dash what advises you when they are faulty (most of the time).

Tell your mate to get to a decent garage, and pay them £25 or somewhere near to do a full diagnostics check and show him the error codes.

2000 Wreg Marea SX 100 16v

sorry wrong info it is the injector light on not engine management

replacing injectors

has anyone attemted this, is it easy?
any tips?
Thanks again

The Injector light is the engine management light but it could mean a whole host of things.... the injector light will come one when the engine management receives a signal from which ever component is at fault, it could be a sensor it could be an injector... the 1.6 has a MAF disconnect it and see if it runs any better... it could be a lambda sensor it could be an injector... to change them you will need to remove the fuel rail.... As jords said get the car to a garage and pay 25-30 quid for a diag this will point you in the right direction....

P010810_075601.jpg

thanks for the responses guys
Happy New Year to all
will let you know the outcome