General uno turbo

Currently reading:
General uno turbo

always took the inlet manifold ect off when getting to them

:eek:

I didn't know it was that bad in the turbo. On the FIREs you unbolt the alternator and it drops down onto the drivers side driveshaft. It looks like it won't come out (like the turbo, not enough room to pull it out from the top), but if you pull the inner plastic wheel arch enough you can just make enough room for it to drop out from underneath.

I have a feeling this won't work on the turbo as the split driveshaft intermediate bearing will probably get in the way. But might be worth a look?

Hi,

Mk1 will come off either in one go or two.

Mk2 is a one go affair.

Tom

:eek:

I didn't know it was that bad in the turbo. On the FIREs you unbolt the alternator and it drops down onto the drivers side driveshaft. It looks like it won't come out (like the turbo, not enough room to pull it out from the top), but if you pull the inner plastic wheel arch enough you can just make enough room for it to drop out from underneath.

I have a feeling this won't work on the turbo as the split driveshaft intermediate bearing will probably get in the way. But might be worth a look?

Absolutely right Chas, the intermediate shaft/bearing forms part of the alternator mount though I'm surprised too that there isn't enough space to get the alternator out.

I haven't even tried adjusting the belt on mine yet :rolleyes:
After four years it squeaks a bit in wet weather so I'd better replace it soon, when I do the cambelt I think.

-Alex

I took the RHS drive shaft out last time I did an alternator, it will come out the bottom then. I have see someone get it out the top without removing the inlet.

Back