Technical UNO TURBO mk2 Race Clutch

Currently reading:
Technical UNO TURBO mk2 Race Clutch

ekranoplan

Fitted Valeo/Abarth race 3 paddle clutch plate and standard Mk2 Uno Turbo clutch housing to my race Lancia Fulvia.

Only done about 200 miles and the clutch is now slipping in 5th at motorway speeds. Any ideas? Clutch cable new and not over tight.

Attachments

• 1D4B5681.jpg
    1D4B5681.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 86
know it sounds silly put are you sure the thrust bearing was the right length for your hybrid. i've had this happen with a few engine to gearbox swaps i have done. they normally work fine for a bit untill clutch beds in and then begins to slip. had it recently when i swapped a jaguar v12 onto a toyota supra box. in end i had to space the thrust bearing further down spline to solve issue.

know it sounds silly put are you sure the thrust bearing was the right length for your hybrid. i've had this happen with a few engine to gearbox swaps i have done. they normally work fine for a bit untill clutch beds in and then begins to slip. had it recently when i swapped a jaguar v12 onto a toyota supra box. in end i had to space the thrust bearing further down spline to solve issue.

Exactly - particularly as some Uno Turbo clutch setups use a great big thick release bearing on a box-shaped plastic housing, and others use the thin metallic type. My semicircular block was right on the end of the cable adjustment threads when I bought the car - and the clutch was slipping. Once I'd changed the clutch and fitted the thin type of release bearing, the adjustment was in the middle of the range - and no more problems.

The photo shows a normal round clutch disc as well as that 'racing' type... the round design is much more confidence-inspiring for me. Stick with standard :p

-Alex

Assuming you have it adjusted correctly and its not pre-loading up like up like the others suggest I would look at the parts you have put together.

Can you post a pic of your flywheel? Does it have a 0.5mm step in it? This clutch needs a 7.5mm thick clutch plate and a 0.5mm step or a 8.0mm thick clutch plate and no step. If its 0.5mm out it will slip.

Next measure the clamping force of the diaphram. Even the best ones are pretty weak. Get a bad one and its all over.

Back