General Uno Head gasket

Currently reading:
General Uno Head gasket

Cinnead

Hi all
i just had the head gasket replaced on my '93 999cc uno, it blew between 1 and 2 cylinders. including new timing belt and service it came to £250, was this a fair price? The uno has now done 101,000 miles, does anyone know the highest mileage for a similar uno?
Cheers
Cinnead

it was done in a garage here in wales. the head was skimmed, he provided all the parts and originally wanted £270, but accepted £250

Cinnead said:
Hi all
i just had the head gasket replaced on my '93 999cc uno, it blew between 1 and 2 cylinders. including new timing belt and service it came to £250, was this a fair price? The uno has now done 101,000 miles, does anyone know the highest mileage for a similar uno?
Cheers
Cinnead

My first Uno (Blue 1986 45 999cc) did 105K before I gave it to my sister - it was still running fine. My current Uno (Red 1986 45S 999cc) has done 94K and is still going strong with no sign of any problems. In fact, it just passed its MOT last week (y)

I've seen 999cc Unos on Ebay with anything from 130 - 155K miles on the clock. Top Gear website reckon that the FIRE engines are good fo 200K miles, and they know of a classic Panda with over 300K on the original engine! The engines normally outlive the rest of the car :p

:eek: yep tuff old engines on the older fiats,i got mrk2 uno turbo with 115k,had 1 lady owner from new,paid £70 4 it,just needed welding on the floor to sill,done 15k in me self,and the engine has never been touched,goes like a rocket and dont burn any oil wht so ever(y)

Me old mk1 1989 had 107,000 on the clock when I sold it and was still running good, having said that I only ever drove it about 100miles during my tenure :rolleyes: . The Uno Turbo 1990 had 102,000 on the clock and I was even more amazed at how sweet that engine was considering it was turbo. These cars have changed my perception of high mileage and seem to have cracking little engines. I originally though anything over 50,000 was getting on a bit.

Back