Technical Uno front hub

Currently reading:
Technical Uno front hub

stevemarl

Hi,
am trying to replace the front wheel bearing on an `88 Uno. Bearing`s out, but the screw in retaining ring was so badly corroded / stuck that I had to destroy it to remove, and consequently the thread in the bore of the carrier is damaged and the new retainer will not screw in. I`ve searched on ebay for a new hub to no avail - but there is one for a `98 Cinquecento.... does anybody know if these might be interchangeable. I know it`s a long shot but, I`m lost for ideas and it would be a shame to scrap after 34 years. (the lower ball joint is tapered rather than the `clamped` type a la Punto.)

After a trawl of ePer, the parts listing, it appears that the hub is unique to Uno, but the same ones fit all the small petrol Unos. The turbo, the diesels, and the rare 1.6, seem to use a different one.
The retaining ring, whilst not used after Uno, was used on the 127 and some Autobianchi models.
Hub LH 5936725
Hub RH 5936726
Ring 4443881

A quick Google search showed some, but might need to get from Italy.

After a trawl of ePer, the parts listing, it appears that the hub is unique to Uno, but the same ones fit all the small petrol Unos. The turbo, the diesels, and the rare 1.6, seem to use a different one.
The retaining ring, whilst not used after Uno, was used on the 127 and some Autobianchi models.
Hub LH 5936725
Hub RH 5936726
Ring 4443881

A quick Google search showed some, but might need to get from Italy.
What can I say.... that is the best news possible, I can`t thank you enough! I`d searched ebay UK and there was nothing - your info has saved the day, we`re so grateful.
(the car`s been in the family all it`s life, it`s taken part in so many important moments, from babies coming home, to taking my Mum on her last journey to hospital, never to return.... the thought of it reaching the end of the road was really upsetting. Thank you!

What can I say.... that is the best news possible, I can`t thank you enough! I`d searched ebay UK and there was nothing - your info has saved the day, we`re so grateful.
(the car`s been in the family all it`s life, it`s taken part in so many important moments, from babies coming home, to taking my Mum on her last journey to hospital, never to return.... the thought of it reaching the end of the road was really upsetting. Thank you!
I've looked on ePER and have some different part numbers.

Can we have your exact Fiat Uno Model: eg. S, SX, Engine cc, Year, VIN, etc. (If you are concerned about security then personal message/PM me these details)

The Uno models were many. Some made it to ePER. Others are only listed on old Microfiche Film/Slides (some of which I have).

Also I am assuming you are after the full wheel hub which carries the bearing, secured by a 'ring', and this hub attached to the front strut and lower track control suspension arm?

I've looked on ePER and have some different part numbers.

Can we have your exact Fiat Uno Model: eg. S, SX, Engine cc, Year, VIN, etc. (If you are concerned about security then personal message/PM me these details)

The Uno models were many. Some made it to ePER. Others are only listed on old Microfiche Film/Slides (some of which I have).

Also I am assuming you are after the full wheel hub which carries the bearing, secured by a 'ring', and this hub attached to the front strut and lower track control suspension arm?
Hi, just for the record it`s a bog standard 1988 `Uno 45`, 999cc 4 speed. The parts originally suggested seem to be correct BUT, after soaking the threaded section of the hub in dil. acid to remove all corrosion, and spending a deal of time fabricating a 45mm octagonal tool to engage with the retainer ring and then more time working a ring in and out of the hub I am finally able to refit and hence no longer need a new hub carrier (would that be the term??). Thanks to all for your help, particularly making me aware of ePER - which is a fantastic resource and will be a great help in the future. Much appreciated.
Steve

Back