Currently reading:
Technical Uno Beat front disc assembly

platinumblue

Hello everyone,

First of all, I am not a motor mechanic, so please bear with me ...

I bought a turqoise Uno Beat 1,4 1996 recently (I guess the Uno "Beat" here in South-Africa might be the same as an Uno Pacer/SX for some of you in Europe- but still different), of which the gearbox and front brakes were dis-assembled. Now I'm having a tought time figuring out what parts I need...

The gearbox problem is now sorted (thankfully), but the front discs remain.

Here are my questions :

1. How many rattle springs (as in picture) do I need in total for the car?

nmrv.jpg

2. How many of THESE do I need (and what are they called?) in total, not sure where they go and what they do, other than they form part of the disc brakes... Newbie :D

nlsn.jpg

If someone could provide a diagram or even a picture taken from their car, it would be much appreciated....

(Note: I tried searching the forum, as well as YouTube and Google for images/tutorials - to no avail)

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
You need two of these rattle springs on each side.
The plates fix the brake calliper to the mounting .
You´ll have to secure them with two pins .
(That´s what the hole is for)
Get the Uno manual to look how it´s done.
And have a mechanic to look over the brakes.
It´s a major safety issue not to be fooled around with .

Thank you for your replies @johorridoh , I appreciate it very much!

The manual will most definitely come in handy for that, also once I get to the point where the car is running again and ignition timing degree checks etc.

It seems as though Uno parts are becoming more and more scarce here in S-A (which is a pitty since I'm quite fond of the design, driveability and feul economy of Uno's). One dealership could only offer me a complete brake set per wheel charging me roughly ZAR 400 (or 24 pounds).

Prior to this "Beat" model I had a Pacer SX which luckily, I did not have to work on except change the starter :) I would still like to one day get my hands on a Turbo version...

Thanx again johorridoh ! (y)

Back