Technical Uno battery running flat

Currently reading:
Technical Uno battery running flat

okay there we go... helo guys.i had some help before on this forum.twice.i appreciated that very much u guys rock.but i have some more problems now...
My 1100 uno fire's(carb) battery keeps running flat after a couple of hours.sometimes it starts first time when u swing and touch the gas.but if u dont then it swings retarded and then some clicking and then nothing.all dash lights go on.can this be the alternater?car is running perfectly fine when it starts by jumpstart.i had the finned module replaced twice in the span of a year and a half.the last being maybe 4 months ago.is it possible this could be the same problem again?

Hello Coolflex!

From here it sounds like the battery not the ignition - and yes, the alternator could be failing to keep it charged. The clicking is the sound of the starter motor solenoid failing to stay engaged when the motor draws all remaining battery current (solenoid disengages/starter motor stops/solenoid engages, and so on).

Give the battery an overnight charge on a good battery charger and if that brings everything right again, check the alternator brushes. The brush holder usually unscrews from the end of the alternator body. Brushes should be sticking out at least 6mm. Usually one is worn more than the other.

If the battery doesn't come right after an overnight charge, replace it. They do fail sometimes for no apparent reason.

good luck!
-Alex

spot on response.i took the battery in to be tested and replaced monday.a cell died for no apparent reason.guess battery was gettin old.thanx for your input alex

Back