Tuning Universal induction kit

Currently reading:
Tuning Universal induction kit

jrb1512

I found an induction kit i wanted to try out on my sporting, wasnt sure if it will fit it says its universal and has a 77mm inlet.

It comes with some different sized adaptor rings so would it just be a case of hoping for the best? Anyone know the size of the tubing on the standard filter?

im not expecting any power gains from a universal kit, just wanted a deeper sound while im saving for a bigger engine

Does your car have MPI or SPI? They need different induction kits.
Centos from late 2000 are MPI IIRC
So long as it's cheap and you're not expecting power gains, I'd give it a try.

Or just save for a GSR kit (£100 for SPI, £140 for MPI)

Last edited:
Chances are it's ****e. Forget it, get something known to work unless you have a relative with a rolling road..................

give it a rest mate you must hate air so much .... anywho yes if it fits go for it if u dont gove a ****e bout power then yea a uni will be fine :)

i have recentley purchased a cinquecento sporting and looking to mod it nothing to drastic any tips ??

Probably the best easy mod is just to fit a Punto 75 cam, shim it to suit. You can pick them up from scrappies for £25 quid upwards (grab some shims while you're in there). You could port match the inlet mani with a dremel (although they're not really up to major porting) or Aldi/Netto etc. do Dremel a likes for well under £20.

The other mods like are lowering it 40mm, putting 6J 14" wheels on it, and uprating the brakes to Punto GT. Performance exhausts pop up in classified here and on Club Cento at around half the price of a new original system.

Back