Technical Undertray Fittings

Currently reading:
Technical Undertray Fittings

Look like ulysse ones,push the body section into the hole then offer tray up & put bolt(s) in.
That's interesting.

Maybe if I check ePer for the Ulysse then I might get the part # for the Stilo fittings ;)

Quite honestly, I'm stunned that most people seem happy to put up with a bodge rather than fit the right part :bang:

Well; they would say that wouldn't they :rolleyes:

I'll tell you for a fact the undertray keeps the engine bay much cleaner although I admit they're a bit of a pain to take on/off.

I'm surprised you didn't kick up a hell of stink about it quite honestly :confused:

Argo, I've tried to fit the undertray using these without success. The only thing I can think is that when fitted on the production line, the threaded portion is pushed into the plastic then the two curved portions either side of the threaded sleeve are bent flat by some sort of forming tool so they grip the plastic side pieces and stop the item turning when the blot is tightend home.

If anyone's got a better idea or has these already fitted and can take a look at how they fit, pelase let us know...

Yes, that sounds a reasonable idea although the original fitting (shown at start of thread) in my view is far superior.

If only we could get the part # then we could order in a 100 or so of them as it seems just about everyone on the Forum needs them.

With the undertray mounted with the front 2 M10 bolts plus 4 of those fittings then it's not going to go anywhere (y)

I'm down to my last 2 of these (there are 4 to start with) and yet according to ePer there's no such part :bang: which is pretty dumb when you consider corrosion of these must be the main reason undertrays fall off.

undertray.jpg

Any Stilo boffins out there like to volunteer the part number for me :)

PLEASE :worship:

Well I was out and about at our local boot sale this morning and there is a guy there that sells these in multi packs for a £1 a pack the only problem is there are numerous sizes so will need to get some kind of measurement from you if you would like me to get you some ..they were anodised as well which helps with the corrosion aspect :chin: always a handy item to keep at hand as they are not the only place they are used on many cars ..

Back