General UConnect screen display frozen on Fiat logo

Currently reading:
General UConnect screen display frozen on Fiat logo

bevers

Hi all,

I’ve recently bought a 500x cross plus from a private seller. It’s a 2015 model and all was working perfectly fine for 2 weeks until the Uconnect screen has decided to freeze. It’s now stuck on a fiat logo and will play the last radio station it was tuned into. However none of the buttons except the mute one work.

I’ve booked it into a fiat dealership and hoping a software reset will do the trick, but am slightly concerned I may need a new console quoted at £1k!

Has anyone had this issue and if so how was it fixed?

Thanks in advance,

AB

Do not recall this issue being posted here before. Sadly the latest version of MES does not support uConnect system yet so it looks like dealer is you only option OTHER THAN doing Internet searches on how to reset uConnect system. You could also try disconnecting the battery for several hours. On reconnection the body computer and uConnect should exchange security codes. If not you will need the know the PIN for your uConnect.

Just do a search here. I think on the 500L section there is a description on how to get it into engineering mode and also to get it to reset.

Thank you both for you replies! I’m going to go and see if I can get it to work now with the instructions in the link. Much appreciated - fingers crossed it fixes it!

I would have a go and disconnect the battery for a while. When I first had mine it did that a couple of times with blank screen but radio playing. Even with ignition off kept playing. It seemed to sort it self out after that. To be honest the Fiat uconnect is a pretty poor version of Windows from the late eighties.....

I may need a new console quoted at £1k!

Thanks in advance,

AB

I'm pretty sure there are alternative (i.e. Not uConnect) systems available, with or without Nav, compatible with the USB ports etc, for much less than £1k, the problem (as I understand it) is maintaining the Settings functions and Hands Free for your phone.

There are connectors on the net which claim to retain these functions but I'm not savvy enough to read through the gobbledegook.

Hello,

I'm currently experiencing the same problem. Prior to it freezing and staying on the Fiat logo and playing the last radio station only it said 'phone initializing'. I've tried removing the battery but it didn't work.

Please can you let me know how you solved the problem? What caused the problem if it was diagnosed?

Did anyone ever have a fix to this problem? I have the same issue, and tried disconnecting the battery overnight (both connections). Still have the same startup Fiat screen and same radio station. No use of the radio buttons or USB. Any relevant suggestions would be appreciated!:bang:

Did anyone ever have a fix to this problem? I have the same issue, and tried disconnecting the battery overnight (both connections). Still have the same startup Fiat screen and same radio station. No use of the radio buttons or USB. Any relevant suggestions would be appreciated!:bang:

I seem to recall that pressing in the volume and tune buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds did a reset, but it was 2-3 years ago and I can't be certain I've remembered it properly.

Thanks, I really cant seem to get my radio to respond. Just just doesn't seem to read USB.

Hi all,

I’ve recently bought a 500x cross plus from a private seller. It’s a 2015 model and all was working perfectly fine for 2 weeks until the Uconnect screen has decided to freeze. It’s now stuck on a fiat logo and will play the last radio station it was tuned into. However none of the buttons except the mute one work.

I’ve booked it into a fiat dealership and hoping a software reset will do the trick, but am slightly concerned I may need a new console quoted at £1k!

Thanks in advance,

AB

I've not seen a fix or post on this for some time.

MES does not have a little support for uConnect 5 and 7 inch models. Nothing like a reset function but it can read any Error Codes that may be present.

Have you tried entering the Engineering Menu?

Press and Hold for 5 seconds RADIO+MEDIA+ENTER/BROWSE
I've tried to enter engineering mode but the screen just stays on the fiat logo.
I've changed the battery aswell.

I had the car at my local fiat and they just want to replace it.

It is probably cheaper to replace the whole unit with an after market unit + control interface than pay for a new/reconditioned unit.

Or take the current unit to repair shop.

Another suggestion would be to pull the unit out and unplug all the extra connections (antenna, usb port, etc. and just leave the main power and CAN-Bus connectors.

1673110763389.png

1673110944353.png

1673110990655.png

Back