General UConnect 7'' and Apple Carplay compartibility

Currently reading:
General UConnect 7'' and Apple Carplay compartibility

ser907

Hi everyone,

I need a small advice concerning using Apple Carplay on FIAT UConnect.

I own a FIAT 500L 2018 Lounge, Italian version, Uconnect 7‘‘ head unit, without navigation + Apple iPhone 5s. I can pair my smartphone with Bluetooth and with USB cable, I can receive calls in the car, I can play the music from IPhone but I can not transfer the screen image from the phone to UConnect screen. What I do wrong? Is the Apple Carplay compatibility a default option on 500L these years? I have seen on youtube that the same type 7’’ device can do that….

Many thanks in advance for any ideas.

Thanks for the information. So, in case i don not have the CarPlay icon on my UConnect screen, does it mean that i don't have CarPlay at all? Is it possible to re-connect this CarPlay by official FIAT dealer? How much will they charge for that? I just found an instruction how to connect it in FIAT Tipo using MultiECUScan and some manipulation with bytes in a proxi-table. . Does this trick works on 500L?

Thanks for the information. So, in case i don not have the CarPlay icon on my UConnect screen, does it mean that i don't have CarPlay at all? Is it possible to re-connect this CarPlay by official FIAT dealer? How much will they charge for that? I just found an instruction how to connect it in FIAT Tipo using MultiECUScan and some manipulation with bytes in a proxi-table. . Does this trick works on 500L?

Sorry, I don't know. This recent thread also mentioned the Tipo instructions:
https://www.fiatforum.com/500/48589...not-nav-android-auto.html?485895=#post4583994

Back