tyres

Currently reading:
tyres

charlieboy

Prominent member
right, think i may be needing tyres soon (not too sure though)

have punto, GT3 wheels with 185/55 's on what i want to know is will 195/45 's fit onto my wheel?

(the tyres are coming from other wheels)

195/45's are probably incorrect. They would be too short even if they did fit on the wheel. This means better acceleration, incorrect speedometer and odometer, higher fuel consumption, and maybe some clearence problems with the bodywork.

Normally when you increase tyre width one size (10mm), you also go down by just one profile to keep the overall height or rolling circumference (normally expressed in MM) of the tyre as close as possible to the original. In this case you are going down two profiles. What you should be getting are 195/50's, if they exist in 14 inch.

Going to a 15 inch rim and then finding a tyre size that gets you as close as possible to the original height or rolling circumfrence for the vehicle may be a better deal for you.

as raton says, the correct size tyre would be 195/50 r14, it would still fit (people have fitted 205 tyres to mk1's that are lowered 35mm ish)

195/50 14's are gonna be mega bucks though

yes the 45's you are offered will fit, but that fairly low profile will mean that your tyre might start to resemble a motorbike tyre (I.e raised in middle) as there isn't that much give in them

Back