Technical Tyres : your experience with different brands please

Currently reading:
Technical Tyres : your experience with different brands please

Have narrowed down my choice of tyres to the following;

195/65/15

Goodyear NCT 5
Goodyear EXCELLENCE
Pirelli P6000

Anyone have any views on the above or have them please.

Ta.

Personally as someone who drives in all weathers in the UK (a country which had probably less than 20 days of sunshine in 2008) I would rather go for a manufacturer approved all-rounder like the P6000/P7 than a summer tyre.

Surely if your car is fast then performance is not gonna be overly handicapped if your tyre is designed for ice & snow?

The Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 & Pirelli P-Zero Nero look increasingly limited in the severe weather safety departments...

Last edited:
Does anyone know the widest tyres i can put on the standard 15" steel wheels please, was thinking maybe 225 or 215.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the widest tyres i can put on the standard 15" steel wheels please, was thinking maybe 225 or 215.

You'd do far, far better to spend your money on a decent tyre make than mess with changing standard spec.

The main advantage of the 15" is great fuel economy so why waste it :confused:

Well have just bought a set of 17" blades now so am awaiting them arriving, They need a bit of work though but did get all four for £170 with 3 good tyres on.

So thats that sorted now anyhow.

I'm gonna put these on my Coupe 16V. LOL!!!

mattracks_200series.jpg

bought a stilo 115 jtd fan 4 brand new wanli directonal tyres on it car had a very loud wheel bearing noise on the frount so i changed both but noise still there turned out to be the tyres so i put 4 kuhmo ku 31's on car is now supurb no noise atall

Back