General Tyre Valve.

Currently reading:
General Tyre Valve.

Westies2803

I have been told I need to replace the valve on my front tyre. Initially I thought it was a puncture. However the tyre fitter said it's a leaking valve. Unfortunately he could not locate a replacement as it's not of a type he has or recognised.

Can anyone advise on what type I need.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Resized_20211203_110344001.jpeg
    Resized_20211203_110344001.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 170
I have been told I need to replace the valve on my front tyre. Initially I thought it was a puncture. However the tyre fitter said it's a leaking valve. Unfortunately he could not locate a replacement as it's not of a type he has or recognised.

Can anyone advise on what type I need.

Thanks.
Is what is visible in your photo an adaptor due to large fancy hub caps, if so it may have a standard valve attached to it in the normal way? What is the one on the spare wheel like, is it the same fashion?
Initially I misread it as a rear wheel possible part of a twin wheel setup as a lot of commercial vans have that with an adaptor from the inner backward facing wheel bringing a valve adaptor to the outside for easier access.

Is it simply that your tyre fitter isn't used to dealing with commercial vehicles/motorhomes?

The recommended tyre pressures mean that you need a bolt-in high-pressure valve* rather than the snap-in type generally used for cars.

(* there are a few designs of snap-in valves that can cope with the high pressures, but your picture is of a bolt-in).

The following link is not a recommendation, simply a reference showing the type:

The valve holder in the OP's photo appears to be identical to those fitted to the alloy wheels on my 2006 x244, except that it is lacking a dust cap. I assume that the cap was removed for the photo.

Has the diagnosis been confirmed, by brushing on a soap and water solution?

Hi Communicator,
The tyre fitter checked the tyre for a puncture, which he couldn't find. He then checked the valve, which confirmed it had a slight leak where seated on the alloy. Cheers.

Just had the following suggested on a motorhome owners site.

schrader 65765‑68 valves.​

Has anyone used this type of valve?? It appears that Fiat fitted this type of valve to motorhome alloys/steel wheels.
Thanks.

Back