General tyre tread

Currently reading:
General tyre tread

usher

The tread on my new panda looks rather different to that shown on the Continental website for ContiEcoContactEP, it doesn't look bare down the centre like mine ,its new & noisy whereas the description for these tyres says its very quiet LOL

Is this the same tyre everyone gets on the dynamic?

tyre has done 400 miles

">

Last edited:
Exactly the same on my dynamic :yuck: already thinking about the 14" fiat alloys and some new tyres for my panda ..but I will ware the originals out first :devil:

The tread patern is the same its just worn through the middle mine look the same and its the same tyre and if it says so on the outer casing then there is no disputing that.. also the one in the first photo could be a wider tread [165 instead of 155 ]and that is why it looks as though its a different profile :)

Last edited:
yes but my car came with just 8 miles & the tyres looked like that, the car came off the transporter all wrapped up & doors sealed with stickers on etc.

So whats written on the outer casing of the tyres ..nip out and have a look :p

Just for reference mine say Conti contact eco ep the tyres are as new and some of the tread pattern has disappeared as well so I think they don't cut all of the pattern to the same depth possibly ..here's the tyres I just found and definitely the same ones

http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Continental&tiremodel=EcoContact+EP

Last edited:
So whats written on the outer casing of the tyres ..nip out and have a look :p

Just for reference mine say Conti contact eco ep the tyres are as new and some of the tread pattern has disappeared as well so I think they don't cut all of the pattern to the same depth possibly ..here's the tyres I just found and definitely the same ones

http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Continental&tiremodel=EcoContact
+EP

mine says ContiEcoContact EP, maybe Fiat got a duff load cheap

The tread on my new panda looks rather different to that shown on the Continental website for ContiEcoContactEP, it doesn't look bare down the centre like mine ,its new & noisy whereas the description for these tyres says its very quiet LOL

Is this the same tyre everyone gets on the dynamic?

tyre has done 400 miles

">

Sorry to bump this thread but it saves making a new one:)

My tyres look very similar to the photo of the tyres above in that they are the same model and they are worn in the middle, my question is looking at those tyres featured above as a reference point do I need new tyres? The tread is worn in the middle like those ones but the grooves are still deep and the shoulders seem unworn. They have done 12K of city driving.

If it is normal for these tyres to wear in the middle due to the tread being cut unequally where do I get a tread depth reading from to ensure they are road legal??

Thanks!
Ap

if you look between the tread there are little rised humps that go all the way round the tyre. these are the tread markers. once your tread gets level with these markers they are at the legal limit.

Heres a pic of what i mean.

Attachments

• bri-image_manage.jpg
    bri-image_manage.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 404
No its the design of the tyres.. its prob to do with the "eco" design.. less "blocks" means less movement in the tyre and therfore less forces absorbed.. = more mpg etc...
if the wear gauges are not near the surface then its no issue..

Tyre manufacturers do mkae changes to the designs of tyres.. specificaslly for size and for car manufacturers.. so its no surprise the tyres are slightly different to a "generic" picture of the model..

Back