Technical Twinair on higher octane petrol

Currently reading:
Technical Twinair on higher octane petrol

JonnyO

Has anyone measured if there is any economy or drivability benefit of running a Twinair on higher octane petrol such as Shell Optimax, BP Ultimate or Tesco Momentum?

I'm just wondering if it would make sense to try switching to something like this on a long term basis with this engine or whether its unable to see any real benefit.

Has anyone measured if there is any economy or drivability benefit of running a Twinair on higher octane petrol such as Shell Optimax, BP Ultimate or Tesco Momentum?

I'm just wondering if it would make sense to try switching to something like this on a long term basis with this engine or whether its unable to see any real benefit.
Give it a go :) The only way to find out is to give it a go yourself :) I've done some of my best tanks (in terms of fuel economy) on V Power and some of my worst tanks too!

Do let us know.
I do believe that Turbocharged engines should be run on the higher power 'juice'.

Here's an old thread that was resurrected recently that has some good information in it (Click here).

On the 'older' turbo charged engines i.e. the T-jets that were not multi-air the higher boost ones did benefit from higher octane fuel. A recent European stipulation that all cars should be capable of running on 95 octane resulted in the handbooks stating just 95 octane where possibly it could benefit from 98 octane. The 1.2 engine with a compression ratio of 11:1 does benefit from it.

If you don't get any performance benefits from the higher octane at least you will get the 'cleaning' benefits associated with the better fuel.

As mentioned by the previous posters - would be interested if it makes any difference on the Twin Air.

Yeah will be interesting to see how it feels in the TwinAir actually.

If you do decide to start using it long-term, I'd definitely recommend signing up for the various loyalty cards. On our annual use of V-Power we get around £24 in money-off vouchers a year (plus some other freebies). Won't cover the extra cost directly but certainly helps.

Back