Technical TwinAir and Dualogic combo...

Currently reading:
Technical TwinAir and Dualogic combo...

I'm cheating a little bit here, as this is really about the new Panda.... ;)

However, before you all turn over to the other channel, I have a serious request. :cool:

I have just been informed by FIAT Customer Care/Information -- which, admittedly, is a bit of an oxymoron... -- that the TwinAir Dualogic new Panda has ceased production, until at least, possibly, November. (See this thread for the whole gory low-down.... And skip to page 3, if you're already bored....) (n)

I therefore have two questions:
  1. Does anyone on here -- i.e. the 500 section (who all seem a very friendly and helpful bunch...!) -- know anything about this?
  2. Do those of you who own this combination of engine and 'box in the 500 have any comments to make?
Thanks for your help.... (y)

Hi,
I can't comment on the Panda from Australia as we don't have them here but I am currently driving a 500 twin air dual logic at the moment and absolutely loving it.
I wouldn't have chosen the dual logic having previously owned a Fiat 500 1.4 Pop with the 6 speed manual but as this is a company car I didn't get to choose. I am surprised to say that after 6 months the combination of twin air engine and dual logic is vastly superior to drive to the 1.4 (which I loved for 3 years).
That is not to say I am a fan of all sequential manual transmissions, I have driven the Citroen EGS and numerous Alfa Selespeeds as well as the old 1.4 dual logic in the 500 and Punto all of which I could take or leave but the Twin Air dual logic seems to be the most user friendly and actually enjoyable to live with!

I'm cheating a little bit here, as this is really about the new Panda.... ;)

However, before you all turn over to the other channel, I have a serious request. :cool:

I have just been informed by FIAT Customer Care/Information -- which, admittedly, is a bit of an oxymoron... -- that the TwinAir Dualogic new Panda has ceased production, until at least, possibly, November. (See this thread for the whole gory low-down.... And skip to page 3, if you're already bored....) (n)

I therefore have two questions:
  1. Does anyone on here -- i.e. the 500 section (who all seem a very friendly and helpful bunch...!) -- know anything about this?
  2. Do those of you who own this combination of engine and 'box in the 500 have any comments to make?
Thanks for your help.... (y)

i had similar delays when trying to order a punto dualogic

development takes time i am afraid, would you rather buy something faulty?

the issue isn't with the factory it is sales trying to sell somethiing before it is ready

the issue isn't with the factory it is sales trying to sell somethiing before it is ready

Having worked in various aspects of technology marketing and communication all my life, I have to disagree. Nothing goes on the market/on sale until it's ready to, surely...?

And if then, users discover something wrong, in production, etc., then you deal with it honestly, with open communication, recalls, where necessary, free upgrades, and compensation where you've really dropped the ball.

If there's something wrong with the TA/Dualogic combination, particular to the new Panda, then (1) I would expect more than being fobbed off, four months down the road, with just being told it's "technical problems" (especially when the 500 has been around for yonks...); and (2) I would hope, having been given a thirteen-week delivery time, that they can tell me about it beforehand....

Sorry to sound so narky. It's honestly not aimed at you... -- I'm just extremely p*ss*d off at FIAT.... :cool:

Back