General Twin Air is 1 Year Old and in for first Service

Currently reading:
General Twin Air is 1 Year Old and in for first Service

The dealer I'm taking our car to, has told me there are no software or critical updates required on our car so they won't be hooking it up to diagnostics.

I might be wrong (I'm sure bgunn will be able to confirm or otherwise explain) but don't they need to hook up the examiner to the OBD2 port to reset the service indicator? :confused:

I might be wrong (I'm sure bgunn will be able to confirm or otherwise explain) but don't they need to hook up the examiner to the OBD2 port to reset the service indicator? :confused:

Yes, I too had already thought of that one an age ago. That being said though....I am not familiar with the Fiat service reset indicator, but my Cadillac, the service indicator is reset by accessing the settings menu and then manually changing the setting to either intermediate or main service using the buttons on the steering wheel, therefore, no need to plug into diagnostics. The reason for this I am told is simple, should you take your vehicle to a non dealer workshop, any garage or for that matter, any individual servicing their own car, can reset it without the issue of expensive subcriptions or the use of hand held devices.

You can see a smooth-talking MINI salesman saying to a potential buyer who does not really understand cars saying "and if you take out the servicing pack, then all your servicing costs are paid for up front." The salesman is not going to mention pads or tyres because he wants a sale. And she (I mean he or she) sitting there wanting the car will not think to ask the difficult questions.

Last edited:
Well, the pads do stick in the calipers on the 1.2 awfully well. My brembo's seem to be wearing a whole lot less though

Back