Technical Turn signal light issue

Currently reading:
Technical Turn signal light issue

Martin Vencbauer

Hello, new member of this forum here. My qubo has some problems with electronics. So i am wondering if anyone could help me? Thanks in advance!

I will try to describe the problems with words, wanted to attach url to videos, but couldnt since i am new member :/.

The biggest issue happens at back lights when i use right turn indicator. Normally only turn signal bulb would keep flashing. But instead every bulb keeps flashing with less power. Not just the right side, but also on the left side. And when i use left turn indicator everything is fine. Does anyone know what could be the source of the problem? Thanks a lot!

The second issue is with right turn signal dash indicator. Normally it works okay, just when i start braking and using the indicator to go right at the same time, it starts flashing really quick. The problem probably could be related to the first one. But what am i supposed to do?

Thanks a lot for help! And sorry for my poor English.

Sounds like an earthing or a shorting problem to me. First I would check all bulbs in both rear clusters including the bulbs holders to make sure nothing is shorting and then check wiring.

Hi, If faults show when you are braking, consider the brake light switch, a few members have had these go faulty, with totally silly things happening. Cheers Qube O.

Hello, sorry for not answering sooner. I solved the problem by buying new holder for bulbs. Because near one pin plastic was melted and electricity didnt go through, so it went different way and caused the problems described above. But after a year it happened again. Again melted on the same spot. I dont know why it keeps melting but i deciced not to buy new holder and just wired it around the melted spot. Thanks all for answering!

Yes, everything coming from car was okay. I am posting image of one bulb holder that i have in shelf. Same issue happened to the second one. If you look at it, you can see that plastic around fourth pin from top is melted. And that caused the issue.
308630745_776622646753140_4283318796299174966_n.jpg

Back